3DCoat Forums

Learning version

Kargall

• Advanced Member

Bonjour,

I have just updated the last version of 3dcoat, and I notice that it is still in "learning" is this normal?

there is always the startup panel at the docking station and nothing works: neither the login nor the "Load license".

What should I do ?

Merci

Capture d’écran 2022-07-29 164954.jpg

• Advanced Member

Finally, I uninstalled and reinstalled the previous version 2022.34 and I am no longer in the learning version.
However, I would like someone to explain to me the correct steps to follow so that I don't make the same mistake next time.

Thank you

• Like 1

• Contributor

@Kargall Hi there, this just happened to me a few days ago. I didn't realize my license had just run out, so I kept trying to load my current license (which was expired) and it did exactly what you are seeing. Did you already renew your license, and this is still happening? If not, you may need to renew it.

Hope you get it sorted out.

Cheers.

After 12 months period since the date of purchase your license did not expire:

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

The license itself is permanent and in your account, you can download any version that was released during that period. But we did not promise anybody unlimited free updates.

Currently upgrade is selling at 10% off.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Carlosan said:

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

The license itself is permanent and in your account, you can download any version that was released during that period. But we did not promise anybody unlimited free updates.

Currently upgrade is selling at 10% off.

ok ok

merci

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...
  • Reputable Contributor

Anyone else having issues with license renewal?

My license for 3D Coat ran out a couple of weeks ago and I just discovered that I'm unable to renew it via the store page.

According to my account page I have 2x 3D Coat licenses...

issue_a.jpg.1b2cc5fdc7cbae7c701c6b3eadee4db2.jpg

but when I go to the store page and try to use the upgrade option I get a message saying an upgrade for the V4 license is already in my cart...

issue_b.jpg.fe89d7156793c69b59b6c1c1325d6e47.jpg

however when I then go to view the cart it's empty

1844039919_issue2.JPG.4dbafa19240c67098e4472c2dbd54525.JPG

So, despite apparently owning 2 licenses for 3D Coat I'm unable to renew my license and am currently stuck in learning mode!

Anybody have any ideas?

Please report this issue to sales@3dcoat.com

Thanks

It is not clear but need to select 

image.png

not upgrade. Upgrade was done previously

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

• Reputable Contributor
11 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Please report this issue to sales@3dcoat.com

Thanks

It is not clear but need to select 

image.png

not upgrade. Upgrade was done previously

You have a permanent license, but that means that you can use 3DCoat unlimited period, but only versions that were released within 12 months period since the date of purchase.

Thanks Carlosan, I sent an email to sales@3dcoat.com concerning the issue.

I checked the 1-Year rent option however I'm not seeing an upgrade option and according to the License Upgrades Policy I should be able to renew my license for 45 Euros.

Once that 12-month period of free updates (the first year) is over, you will have an option to purchase any future release of the appropriate program within the next 12 months (the second year) at the discounted rate of 45 Euros (in case of 3DCoat) or 40 Euros (in case of 3DCoatTextura) yet with another 12 months of free program updates starting from the date of the upgrade.

Currently the only option I'm given is to rent an entirely new license for €149.85.

• Thanks 1