3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat painting To Blender

Mack

Go to solution Solved by tokikake,

• Advanced Member

Hello, I was wondering if someone can help me with this. Why the difference between Eeeve and Cycles?

I have does this before without issues, but this time I am getting the weird ballooning in Cycles.

Thanks

Untitled-1.jpg

• Advanced Member
  • Solution

Cycles and eevee may show different displacement effect along with  your currently using node set-up.

eg,, Cycles only can show real dsiplacement map. about your case,  Eevee simply ignore  displacement map setting.

but Cycles actually use it when you set it (in property material/setting/displacement)   / and cycles only use adaptive sub-D if you set it...

you may check each material >> setting > displacement.  (bump only/ dsiplacement only/ both)

at same time, without your material nodes set up in blender,  others can only offer guess. (as same as me)

there should be, normal/bump or dsplacement (if you currently set it)  issue from your pic, but we do not know which map you currently using, and your setting values.

(and you may just need to change those node strength, distance, mid point setting I suppose)

• Like 1

• Advanced Member
12 hours ago, tokikake said:

Cycles and eevee may show different displacement effect along with  your currently using node set-up.

eg,, Cycles only can show real dsiplacement map. about your case,  Eevee simply ignore  displacement map setting.

but Cycles actually use it when you set it (in property material/setting/displacement)   / and cycles only use adaptive sub-D if you set it...

you may check each material >> setting > displacement.  (bump only/ dsiplacement only/ both)

at same time, without your material nodes set up in blender,  others can only offer guess. (as same as me)

there should be, normal/bump or dsplacement (if you currently set it)  issue from your pic, but we do not know which map you currently using, and your setting values.

(and you may just need to change those node strength, distance, mid point setting I suppose)

Thank you tokikake. Changing the Displacement to Mapping solved the issue.

Thanks again, Much appreciated.

Mack

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat painting To Blender