3DCoat Forums

[Solved] 3DCoat 2022 - Vox Clay brushes only sculpt squares

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

I'm trying to use the Vox Clay tool and just a round brush, But it only gives a square?

I tried other brushes and it does the same thing. I tried the same thing on 3DCoat v4 and it doesn't do that there. 

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong? All I have done is installed the software and went to start using it.

Hopefully I'm posting in the right place and I apologize if I haven't posted in the right spot. 

Edit: Really need to get this working right or work out if I have done something wrong as I need to use this program for school. And am missing classes because of this issue. Teachers are using 3DCoat V4 which none of us can get and the school is unable to give to us either. 

Untitled.png

Edited by Kaen
Added info
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Carlosan changed the title to [Bug] 3DCoat 2022 - Vox Clay brushes only sculpt squares
  • Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] 3DCoat 2022 - Vox Clay brushes only sculpt squares
  • Reputable Contributor
On 7/30/2022 at 3:55 AM, Kaen said:

I'm trying to use the Vox Clay tool and just a round brush, But it only gives a square?

I tried other brushes and it does the same thing. I tried the same thing on 3DCoat v4 and it doesn't do that there. 

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong? All I have done is installed the software and went to start using it.

Hopefully I'm posting in the right place and I apologize if I haven't posted in the right spot. 

Edit: Really need to get this working right or work out if I have done something wrong as I need to use this program for school. And am missing classes because of this issue. Teachers are using 3DCoat V4 which none of us can get and the school is unable to give to us either. 

Untitled.png

The default Clay Engine brushes use a default alpha, so check USE CURRENT ALPHA to enable usage of different custom brush alphas. You can find this option at the bottom of the MODIFIERS section of the Tool Panel