3DCoat Forums

Image decal placement onto surface trouble with handle circles

Dave_ah

I am having problem placing decal image, onto surface. Issue is wrangling those handle circles. Aside from thats it is somewhat cumbersome, the image gets all twisted by handles. How do we rotate them?  Any error in click on the handle results in another hand circle being inserted.

Is there a better way?

Imagine placing tattoo images with alpha on a separate layer in paint room or fracture room. 

• 3 weeks later...

Yes ,I have seen it. Now that is. Thank you. But the video 'lies' to me! The spline image tool is what I am attempting to use, and it does not work at all as in video. After placing two spline end points, any drag on handle results on uncontrollable twisting. Any unintentional error on clicking on handle that 3DCoat does not like, results in new point being added, and is undeletable, unless done with UNDO. Coming back to the spline image, after other operations, I am unable to reactivate spline handles. Seriously all that is needed is grab and transform tool as in Photoshop with decal on its own layer. 3DCoat has been a disappointment overall. Tools are so badly implemented from user point view. Basic function of sending plantroom paintable object to sculpt room is broken. Does not work in my hands. That was in my earlier post, to which 3DCoat dev replied that it is currently broken.