3DCoat Forums

3D Coat - Working with Factures (Vertex Texturing)

• Contributor

Finally had some time to get back into the Factures workflow. I've decided to make a walkthrough video of this feature, if anyone is interested in knowing more about it. I hope it continues to evolve, as it's a really cool idea.

Cheers!

Edited by alexn007
  • Thanks 2

• 2 months later...

Thank you for the tutorial, alexn007. I have created a simple mesh with factures on it. See the picture below. How do I prepare it for export as obj or fbx ?  I would like to import it to another 3D software, such as Blender. Should I freeze something, bake it or something else before exporting? There are so many options and I honestly don't understand all the 3D-jargon. Could you (or someone else reading this) make a step-by-step instruction on how to get my mesh with factures ready for export? Many thanks in advance!  :rolleyes:

Factures Mesh in 3DCoat.png

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

so, if I may ask for a little help, Im trying to fallow Working with Factures tutorial but I`m unable to use Facture spot, this is a tool to project large textures on a surface object with one click right ? (Im makinga terrain in Gaea, I have one big mesh and one color texture) . when I click on facture spot (with flat projection set in 3dcoat) I just paint small stroke of the textures,

• 1 year later...
On 12/10/2022 at 6:57 AM, Ctc_nick said:

I'm working on a python script, to automatically regather the textures and to connect the attributes.

Hi

Do you have done the addon ?

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
Posted (edited)

@CarlosanHi!

Yes. Its a Plugin for Blenders Node Editor. It can:

-seek for the "Factures" attribute and connect it

-fetch all the PBR channels from one Texture Name

-restore the displacement channel

-switch Cycles Renderer automatically to Subdivision at Rendertime.

Im have not published yet, maybe I should put it on Gumroad for small Sponsoring. Never tried :blink::)

Thank You for your interest! 

Edited by Ctc_nick
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1