3DCoat Forums

[Fixed] camera freaks out when using 2d paint and ortho camera

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

• Advanced Member

This is an old issue but it still persists. I like to use a flat camera when modeling, but when using the 2D paint tool (or any tool that operates on a plane)  the camera often goes crazy and zooms to a  point somewhere off in space.  switching to the move tool and pressing F to frame the object is the only way to get back to a decent camera angle.   

• Thanks 1

• Advanced Member
On 8/14/2022 at 11:11 AM, Andrew Shpagin said:

Video may help (fullscreen to see settings). How often it happens? I tried a bit, but it works...

hi Andrew, here's a video showing the problem.  It happens a lot when using any 'on plane' option like 2d paint. it doesn't seem to happen using the perspective camera, only the ortho (NUMPAD  5 camera).  However, as I do most modelling using an ortho camera this is driving me crazy.  Any help would be appreciated!  thanks.   (edit: sorry about the audio =P)

Edited by nobackup

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] camera freaks out when using 2d paint and ortho camera