3DCoat Forums

I posted a thread but it must have got blocked ,maybe just not interesting enough .

I have 30 days to learn and create . "thinking cloth fx"

I reckon i can find something out and make a tut by then aswell .

nice product , now lets see what it can do .

I've no doubt you'll be able to learn it in no time at all. :)

• Advanced Member

Hello Coaters!

I have translated a press for my serevr www.3dsoftware.cz

Cheers P

http://www.3dsoftware.cz/3dportal/clanek.aspx?id=1440

PS: thx Andrej, Rick, erklaerbar and Juan Carlos, I have used pictures from Andrej?s gallery... Andrej told me I can use them :-)

Finally an app that utilizes my Connexion 3d mouse to its full potential. This 3d mouse has the worst drivers but thanx to 3d-coat inbuilt drives in it is a dream to work with I wish Adobe would write built in drivers as well because the ones from Connexion are the worst.

Sheers!

My models are all broken up into their different materials - is there some way i can have them welded for painting? currently they are separated and so become more rounded and separate even with 'no subdivision' selected on the import model menu. Also, is there some way i can set default map size for textures? My models all use 2048x2048 texture maps, but there seems to be no way i can set this as default - some models have 100s of texture maps.

• Advanced Member
My models are all broken up into their different materials - is there some way i can have them welded for painting?

are you working with voxel layers? you can merge voxel layers. If you arent working with voxels but are instead importing an obj or something then you might have to attach all your objects to eachother in an external application.

Any one else having issues with copying Symmetry? Maybe something changed from previous ALPHA versions but the copy symmetry doesn't seem to work. If I import an obj either as per pixel paint, reference mesh, vertex paint, or to sculpt it refuses to copy symmetry from red to blue. I'll tag the symmetry sides red and blue which it finds perfectly. Then when I click copy from red to blue it thinks for a second and does nothing. This feature used to work flawlessly. Am I missing something or did something change?

• Advanced Member
Any one else having issues with copying Symmetry? Maybe something changed from previous ALPHA versions but the copy symmetry doesn't seem to work. If I import an obj either as per pixel paint, reference mesh, vertex paint, or to sculpt it refuses to copy symmetry from red to blue. I'll tag the symmetry sides red and blue which it finds perfectly. Then when I click copy from red to blue it thinks for a second and does nothing. This feature used to work flawlessly. Am I missing something or did something change?

It works perfect on my side, 3D-Coat 3.00.07 for Mac.

It works perfect on my side, 3D-Coat 3.00.07 for Mac.

Can you tell me the steps you did to use it? For myself, I imported an obj for per pixel painting. Mesh is symmetrical on both sides but I have the verts pulled differently to make the sides uneven. I go into layers, select symmetrical transform copy red to blue. I select my red side and then blue side. Click copy red to blue and nothing happens. I also tried turning on symmetry across X axis first and then selecting my red and blue. Copy and nothing.