3DCoat Forums

UI Resolution Scaling

Go to solution Solved by Digimooses,

Hi there.

I have Mac Studio M1 Max with 32 Gb unified memory and 31.5 Inch LG HDR 4K Ergo 32UN880-B as my main display (3840x2160 pix). As additional displays I have Asus ProArt PA278CV and Dell U2518 QHD-displays (both 2560 x 1440 pix).

Just downloaded 3DCoat version 2022.43 and I noticed that it is scaling the view resolution depending on which display I am using it. Otherwise this would be ok, but on LG HDR 4K, my main display (at the center), fonts and Icons are so tiny and very hard to see for an old guy. This was not an issue with the previous 3DCoat version 2022.39. And yes, I am using spectacles.

Sceendumps attached.

So something happened between these two versions 2022.39 and 2022.43.

I am asking, if there is a slider or a tick box hidden somewhere, with which I could adjust the size of 3DCoat UI more suitable for my eyes. Like it was on 3DCoat 2022.39?

Edit/Preferences/Theme -> Font Size is not doing anything for the 3DCoat UI on my Mac. If I am scaling the LG:s macOS font size to match with the QHD displays, the fonts and icons on 3Dcoat 2022.43 have no effect.

So now my choice is to carry on with 3DCoat 2022.39 version.

But for the future versions a Resolution Scale Slider, like in Blender (Edit/Preferences/Interface/Resolution Scale, would be very nice. Or make Edit Preferences/Theme -> Font Size to work. I am quite sure that I would use ”Huge Option”, if it worked.

3DCoat2022.39.jpg

3DCoat2022.43.jpg

Edited by Digimooses
Just a typo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

Hi again.

I noticed that this display scaling issue above was concerning only 3DCoat versions 2022.43 and 2022.47. On those versions Font size is not working, if I am scaling Operation System fonts on my LG HDR 4K Ergo 32UN880-B display. When changing the OS display values back to 4K, it is possible to scle fonts again on 3DCoat.

So problem solved, kind of. Now everything else is tiny, tiny, tiny.

• Like 1