3DCoat Forums

Sculpt room with sculpt models -> skipping steps before sculpting - is this possible?

MagnusL

Hi. Not sure the topic header makes sense or if this has been answered before.. i tried to search for it but couldn't find anything relevant

As much as i love all the parameters in 3DC and the vast possibilities, i think in many ways all these settings and steps "in between" before gettings things done are a few too many for the most part, putting those in "between settings" as selectable on/off checkboxes to set a default value would save a ton of time.  This app is so fast and has so many smart features but some other parts feels less polished

I have for a couple of days tried to watch videos and tutorials how to set the workspace up to save a sculpt model in the correct position, rotation and scale for quick access and it finally seems i got the model to at least stay rotated the way i set it up, still why can't it save the state it's in the thumbnail, i.e exactly as it's shown in the thumbnail?

Setting the default mode with Transform turned off and the below question as a default checkbox as "Yes" would be a blessing
Auto_Yes.thumb.jpg.934bb0fac041b3a6711f41e4bbce2432.jpg

So going from a saved Sculpt model exactly like it's save in the thumbnail directly into sculpting would be extremely nice - Take that Zbrush

Immediate_Sculpting_delight.thumb.jpg.1b95bff764b813a0494dd9284746d6db.jpg

Edited by MagnusL
  • Thanks 1

• MagnusL changed the title to Sculpt room with sculpt models -> skipping steps before sculpting - is this possible?