3DCoat Forums

AO baking has some scale or offset bug

As mentioned Im wanting to start a new UV painting project , select smart material which requires AO and Curve baking .. once it finishes the results are not correct. I recenty updated to 2022.47 .. now im regretting that .. any way to roll back? 

I tried to do the bake manually as well , same problem. Inported fbx has two objects , zero origin , no scaling each has a unique uvmap. This means its baking two textures. Please see attached screenshot , notice the AO of everything on the counter surface.

image.thumb.jpeg.dcc167d31521fc6df1c48639946a9a92.jpeg

• Like 1

no man , i just noticed now aswell - The app is not creating a separate Occulsion layer and setting the blend mode either, when doing the auto baking

So from new blank scene , import model , select smart material .. It bakes the cavity map into a new layer named "CavityMap" but then bakes the AO into the current layer ( which by default in a new scene is layer 1 ) and does not change the blend mode. 

WORST is it also does not recognise it has a AO baked layer now either , so if you select a different smart material  .. it rebakes the AO ..

I paid for this software. My goodness. I have deadlines .. I need to roll back to a working version. SOmebody pls help 

• 4 weeks later...

Carlosan, I think he's referring to the automatic mesh map generation that occurs when you select a Smart Material which requires them but they haven't been baked yet. If I'm reading that right, the question would be what settings does 3DC default to in that case? I think for AO it should be Separate Paint Objects=ON, Lighting Render Target=Into New Layer as you show above.

Edited by tiburbage
  • Thanks 1