3DCoat Forums

voxel paint bug/error

Hi!
I don't have much experience with painting on 3D coat, I am trying the voxel paint (activated by default now) and I am having some errors.

It renders the whole voxel paint virtually useless for me because I cannot save my work.
I hope it can be resolved soon.

Using 3Dcoat v2022.47

Best regards,
Sebastian.

• Thanks 1

• Reputable Contributor
1 hour ago, SebastianG said:

Hi!
I don't have much experience with painting on 3D coat, I am trying the voxel paint (activated by default now) and I am having some errors.

It renders the whole voxel paint virtually useless for me because I cannot save my work.
I hope it can be resolved soon.

Using 3Dcoat v2022.47

Best regards,
Sebastian.

Sabastion, does it do this when you hit the CTRL + S hotkey combination, to save? Is this a Sculpt Object (object either imported into or created from scratch in the Sculpt Workspace) or Paint Object (Object...usually a low polygon UV mapped model...imported directly into the Paint Workspace, or a copy of a Retopo mesh after baking sculpt details from a Sculpt object)? 

On 9/29/2022 at 5:45 PM, AbnRanger said:

Sabastion, does it do this when you hit the CTRL + S hotkey combination, to save? 

Hi AbnRanger, thanks for the reply. Yes it does.

Is this a Sculpt Object (object either imported into or created from scratch in the Sculpt Workspace) or Paint Object (Object...usually a low polygon UV mapped model...imported directly into the Paint Workspace, or a copy of a Retopo mesh after baking sculpt details from a Sculpt object)? 

It's a sculpt object, directly created in voxel space.

• Reputable Contributor
16 hours ago, SebastianG said:

Hi AbnRanger, thanks for the reply. Yes it does.

It's a sculpt object, directly created in voxel space.

Okay. I was wondering if maybe the Voxel Paint Depth (in the Tool Options panel) was a bit too thin, but knowing this happens just when you save, seems like a bug for sure. Can you go to the HELP Menu and send that workfile to Support and then email (support@pilgway.com) to explain what steps you were taking to produce this? Andrew will probably have it fixed by the next build.