3DCoat Forums

When using the Pose Tool in Object Mode, is there a way to move the selected to another Sculpt layer?

tiburbage

Question

A cool feature of the Pose tool is that in Mode=Object, you can easily select Parts of a Sculpt layer. Is there a method to then move the selected Parts to another or new Sculpt layer?

I'm aware of the Split Tool, and Cut & Clone, where I can use Lasso strokes to do that outside of Pose, but I just liked the Object (aka Part) quick select method in Pose...

2 answers to this question

• Reputable Contributor
2 hours ago, tiburbage said:

A cool feature of the Pose tool is that in Mode=Object, you can easily select Parts of a Sculpt layer. Is there a method to then move the selected Parts to another or new Sculpt layer?

I'm aware of the Split Tool, and Cut & Clone, where I can use Lasso strokes to do that outside of Pose, but I just liked the Object (aka Part) quick select method in Pose...

I don't think so. Another option is to go to the GEOMETRY menu and choose SEPARATE DISCONNECTED PARTS (the layer needs to be in Surface mode). Assign a hotkey to that menu option and the next time you want separate a part quickly, you can just hit that hotkey and 3DCoat will do it for you.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comment Don. I wish at least that the tool had the option to leave its selections as Frozen. It does respect a predefined Freeze region on entry... Even better would be to have a better more general Parts selection method: perhaps something analogous to the Magic Wand in the Paint workspace in the way it can apply Freeze by Picking Parts.

Edited by tiburbage
  • Like 1