3DCoat Forums

[NO FEATURE] Adjustable Ghost Opacity - Please remove this post

MagnusL

EDIT1: This post can safely be removed now as the suggestion was to get the "Auto select layer" function Zbrush has.. Setting the opacity to 100% would give this feature..

EDIT2: ..But..out of chance i have found that "Auto pick" actually is how zbrush prohibits accidentally changing things on other layers, Not sure if i accidentally have turned this on but think it was "On" by default..  Anyway, this feature suggestion is not really needed now.

Pick_Layer.thumb.png.9f2aaff9dfb7520d3c6a6fe05aee9320.png

To make this software easier to learn, this is 1 feature that easily could have been made more obvious by placing it where the layers are in the layers panel..
Or the name could have been extended to "Auto Pick Layer"..  "Auto Pick" is not the most self explanatory naming for this function imho when it's also placed in the menu.

Another name here could be "Auto Select Layer"

Pick_Layer_Feature.png.47ac2e03db48a6a1ae6871e72ce63f47.png

====== Redundant text bla..bla..bla ===============

Coming from Zbrush and only having to select a layer to sculpt on is something i miss a lot and find it very distracting to " see through" another layer i'm still counteracting against but now have a hard time deducing things without twisting and turning the object from different angles. Very distracting to say the least.

So when this function already exist i don't see why it would be particularly hard to make this feature adjustable instead, Set the range between, maybe low as 30% to still keep it relevant as a "ghost" and the high value 100%, where it would mean 100% opacity i.e "no see through" ,
Users coming from Zbrush would feel right at home as this would be the same as just selecting the layer to "lock"  everything else from accidental editing, users that find good use of this Ghost function in 3DC could set it to whatever level they need and still get the see though opacity.

Edited by MagnusL
changed a word, word and a few more words
  • Thanks 1

• MagnusL changed the title to [NO FEATURE] Adjustable Ghost Opacity - Please remove this post