3DCoat Forums

Complete Guide to 3DCoat - Hamidreza Afshari

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/g865Rx

https://www.udemy.com/course/complete-guide-to-3d-coat

INSTRUCTOR:

My name is Hamidreza Afshari and with years of experience in game and VFX, I'll be your instructor through this course.

By the end of this course,
You can sculpt in both Voxel and Surface modes inside 3D Coat.
You will be able to make a model with a Nice topology.
You learn how to Unwrap your models, make beautiful textures, and render.

WHAT YOU WILL LEARN:

-How 3D Coat works.
-Sculpting in Voxel Mode
-Sculpting in Surface Mode
-Retopology
-UV Mapping
-Texture Painting
-Rendering

COURSE PROJECTS:

We will start Getting to know the 3D Coat and its environment. then we learn how to set up our project. after that, we will learn how to sculpt in both Voxel and Surface modes. after finishing sculpting, we will learn how to make a nice retopology with different tools. after retopology, we will make UV based on our new clean mesh. Ultimately, we know how to make a texture using this powerful software. Finally, we will learn how to make a beauty render using 3D-Coat render engine.

• 1 month later...

It's very rare that I ever provide a review, but I'll say that I was probably one of the first few people who bought this tutorial on Udemy.  I do have a high interest in wanting to learn 3DCoat (as 3DCoat allows me to focus purely on the sculpting process, rather than having to deal with stretched polygons, etc...) and bought this course based on the title of the course "Complete Guide to 3D Coat".  The positive thing I have to mention that the tutorial is using the latest version of 3DCoat, making it relevant for those who are just starting to learn.  Everywhere else, they're using an outdated version of 3DCoat.  The negative thing I have to mention, is that just like any other tutorials out there that exist on Udemy (which are few), the tutorial doesn't go through how to use each (or at least 85% of the tools) that are available in the 3D sculpting software, but instead promise to show you how to sculpt something, which in this case is a crocodilian creature.  Perhaps a section and a 5-10 minute video each on how to use the various available tools in 3DCoat:

Clay Engine
- Base Clay

- Wet Clay

etc...

Voxel Tools

- Vox Clay

- Grow

etc...

This would be far more useful knowing how to properly use each tool, before watching someone sculpt something.  It's like diving right into sculpting something, before learning what each of the available tools are in the sculpting software.  I'll admit that it's almost a no-brainer to just sculpt something using the voxel tools, but what if you want something complex and need to use something like Vox Slice, Measure, Cut Off, Curves, etc...  In most cases, I find myself having to waste a lot of time experimenting how some of these tools work.  I do know that there's a few YouTube videos of random stuff on 3DCoat, but having an all-in-one package tutorial/guide, would be of great benefit.