3DCoat Forums

Is there a way to get rid of this dialogue?

MagnusL

Hi. I have for 3 days tried to come up with a smooth workflow to import sculpt models into the scene as fast as possible and tried working through kitbash, polymodels, primitives e.t.c but each of these pose different annoynances and weird, not so straight forward up to cumbersome approaches..

so i think sculpt room is how i like to work but there is at least 1 big hurdle i start to get very annoyed by and it's this dialogue that each and every time tells me it's the first time i import a model to the scene. I can easily answer either yes or no to this and be done with it.. it has 0 importance

Can i remove this dialogue by a setting somewhere or prepare the model in any way so i can import and immediately start to sculpt? I have a sh*tload of sculpt mesh items / modular pieces i want to build a library of but this dialogue will make me throw out my computer through the window..

image.thumb.png.2b289cdbffc1e40d2ef63cf7dfd1d8ba.png

Last resort will be to see if i i can do this by a script but it feels like i'm looking into an abyss of workarounds anywhere i turn my nose.

Would be very happy to find a solution.

Cheers

Dont add it as Sculpt models but Joint models

- Open this folder category:

C:\Users\<username>\Documents\3DCoat\UserPrefs\Models\Joints

- create a new folder

- Drop all .obj models inside

- open 3DC

- search for Windows > Panels >Joints

- load the models into your scene

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion, it would have worked if the models i have were saved in .obj format and if the coordinates i have saved these models with were still retained when removing the "snap" feature..

Using them as joints mean even more work into a less flexible system for me.. also the models i have are much larger than regular joints.

The .obj object i tested with didn't show up at all.. it's some 300k i size, as many of the meshes i have.

Removing the pop up sign is the only thing that bothers me at this point  .. typically a boolean True / False function.

Edited by MagnusL
Juggled some words around