3DCoat Forums

3D Coat boolean modeling app for beginners

Ratchet

• Advanced Member

Like 3D coat textura there is a market for beginner sculpting app based on booleans like Womp 3D or MagicaCSG

I think 3D coat could propose it's own solution, keeping only some subsets of 3D coat and reworking a bit the interface for beginners.
Main mode would be primitive boolean voxles modeling combined with sculpt models.
While adding very few features for beginners like Pose, Move, Cut, Draw and smooth ,Inflate, Curves or Brush alpha stroke to modify existing sculpting.

3D coat big advantages :
- Voxel based, unimited modifications, unlike MagicaCSG or Womp3D where very boolean step is stored in a stack, the more booleans the more it costs to render
- export to Obj , able to bake vertex colors
- mixing boolean for beginners with some common sculpting tools

I find modeling with booleans only too much restricitve compared to using brush tools, but this is fun to use and suits really well people that are not into modeling.

I agree it would be lot of work and would require new developpers, so it's just an idea.

Edited by Ratchet

• Ratchet changed the title to 3D Coat boolean modeling app for beginners
  • Advanced Member

Nope, i did not explain it well.

In fact it was not about including same rendering pipeline.

Jus keep same boolean workflow to turn 3D Coat into a similar app.
Using 3D Coat voxels, but proposing on sculpt mode only 3D Coat boolean primitives and keep custom sculpt models feature also, while adding some very usefull brushes.
Mainly turning 3D Coat into a Voxel boolean only modeling tool keeping only boolean primitives and sculpt models, so it's exactly same workflow as as Womp3D or MagicaCSG that are also only boolean modeling ( whatever they don't use Voxels).

Boolean based workflow for beginners.

Edited by Ratchet