3DCoat Forums

Render Errors.

supereasy1001

This squares only appears when you render this project ?

Did you try with any of the default projects if the same thing happens ?

It seems that these blocks appear due to lack of light, does increasing the light environment value help ?

Okay, I did some additional testing.

I created a new volume, and carved out its interior. To replicate some of my process in the previous image I used a stencil to display the voxels.

Brought it into the same lighting setup and rendered it. See all results from left to right in order.

Next I produce a new volume and carved out its interior, but did not displace the voxels with the stencil.  

Not related, I am still getting a lot of crashes when trying to exit the stencil brush.

See results of that render, even more apparent.

So I tried altering the lighting setup to set the intensity value of the extra lights that I had in the scene to zero.

I was able to set the intensity of one light to zero, but when I tried to set the intensity of the other light to zero, the program hung and was not responsive. Forcing me to force quit the application.

Next I created entirely new scene carved out the volume went into the renderer and loaded completely different previously saved lighting setup. Attempted set the intensity value of the two additional lights to 0 and had the same crash.

Relaunched went back into the same scene and instead of setting the intensity value to zero I clicked the delete button for the extra lights. This worked. But the render came out the same, just a little darker.

Last, I relaunched and rendered the same scene, but this time increasing the shadow map size in the render settings from 2048 to 4096. This had the same issues.

Maybe this is a bug with the XML format from previous versions of 3Dcoat? Or perhaps a bug in the actual lighting code?

If so the problem here is that artist like myself build a library of lighting setups for rendering sculpts.

Render Test.png

• Thanks 1

My work is currently blocked by this bug, so I did some more testing.

I started with a new voxel sculpt and discovered that the artifacts are driven by voxel density.

In the image attached, the box on the left has 1 million voxels, the middle is the same box but resampled to 5 million. The box on the right is the same box resampled again to 20 million.

Render Test B.png