3DCoat Forums

Brush Option For Infinite Depth

DevGods_YT

Hello, I know you guys probably hate hearing zbrush this or blender that so I'm sorry in advance. I've fallen in love with 3D coat and I want it to be the best.

With that said I'd like to request a tool that is super convenient for big and small edits in both the modeling and sculpt rooms. 

This is a brush option that will allow the user to move all vertices that lay underneath the brush. This would be insanely useful in the modeling room where the geometry is low and predictable. Allowing the user to work in an orthographic view and affect all the geometry behind. 

I believe zbrush does some sort of trace the size of the brush and any vertices that arent masked are moved in screen space. 

If this functionality already exists let me know because I need it! Here are some youtube links of the brush inside of zbrush to use as an example

Example one

Example 2

• Reputable Contributor
6 hours ago, DevGods_YT said:

Hello, I know you guys probably hate hearing zbrush this or blender that so I'm sorry in advance. I've fallen in love with 3D coat and I want it to be the best.

With that said I'd like to request a tool that is super convenient for big and small edits in both the modeling and sculpt rooms. 

This is a brush option that will allow the user to move all vertices that lay underneath the brush. This would be insanely useful in the modeling room where the geometry is low and predictable. Allowing the user to work in an orthographic view and affect all the geometry behind. 

I believe zbrush does some sort of trace the size of the brush and any vertices that arent masked are moved in screen space. 

If this functionality already exists let me know because I need it! Here are some youtube links of the brush inside of zbrush to use as an example

Example one

Example 2

I am not aware of a current equivalent to Infinite Depth, but feel free to copy and paste the contents of your post to an email to support@pilgway.com. It may be something Andrew can do rather quickly. The Move tool already has a special mode, where holding the CTRL key will let the user move along the surface normals...something I use all the time. Perhaps he could put a checkbox for both in the Tool Options panel.