3DCoat Forums

[Solved] How do i make the Grid Bigger "For more Points"

Glitch Gremlin

Go to solution Solved by Fluffy,

Also, is there a way to make a Vertical Grid, and make it as big as the bottom one as well? i saw you can make the Grid a bigger size, but when i tried it, it was absolutely MASSIVE and i have no idea what a good double or triple size than the regular starting grid would be? any help with this would be greatly appreciated 

19 hours ago, Carlosan said:

Try Grid placement & density

image.png

Hope this help

Oh, sorry yeah i know how to do that part of it, but like.. i don't know what size i should make the Grid for it to be usable. like, do you know how big the normal size of the Grid is by any chance? so i could make it double size or something? i tried to make it bigger and it was HUGE or Tiny, so im at a loss as to what the original size was

i can't find any info about it on Google currently

• Reputable Contributor
  • Solution
23 minutes ago, Glitch Gremlin said:

Oh, sorry yeah i know how to do that part of it, but like.. i don't know what size i should make the Grid for it to be usable. like, do you know how big the normal size of the Grid is by any chance? so i could make it double size or something? i tried to make it bigger and it was HUGE or Tiny, so im at a loss as to what the original size was

i can't find any info about it on Google currently

The default grid (with Grid Density set to High) equates to the following settings using Customize Grid

image.jpeg.e3298ee4c59b4c55bbf5c4dd2304fde3.jpeg

Grid Step is the size in units of each grid division, while Division Number is the number of Divisions in each quadrant of the grid.  So if you want to effectively extend the default high density grid while keeping the same unit size and subdivisions just use the above settings but increase the Division Number accordingly.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Solved] How do i make the Grid Bigger "For more Points"
3 hours ago, Fluffy said:

The default grid (with Grid Density set to High) equates to the following settings using Customize Grid

image.jpeg.e3298ee4c59b4c55bbf5c4dd2304fde3.jpeg

Grid Step is the size in units of each grid division, while Division Number is the number of Divisions in each quadrant of the grid.  So if you want to effectively extend the default high density grid while keeping the same unit size and subdivisions just use the above settings but increase the Division Number accordingly.

Thank you for your help my friend! ive been able to Tweak it a bit now, and got the desired Grid Subdivisions i wanted, so this worked out super awesome for me

i swear, this program is so absolutely amazing.. it boggles my mind why more people don't make tutorials for it on youtube. it's quickly become my favorite far above Blender and even Zbrush for Hard Surface Sculpting/Modeling, and im sure once im able to figure out the Organic Workflow, it'll take that crown too!

• Like 1