3DCoat Forums

Voxel sculpting primer

3dioot

These are great, very easy to watch with a lot of information, I can't wait for the next one :)

I agree... this is really good stuff 3dioot... thanks for taking the time to do this! It makes Voxel sculpting much more accessible... Very nice pace. I'm with Drocket... can't wait for the next one!

Thanks to you both. :)

Hope to release a new one soon (still deciding on the subject).

Well... if you take requests... :)

I was wondering if you could show the process AFTER voxel sculpting... to use it in another app... I don't know if you saw my question in the other thread, but I was wondering about taking an existing low-poly mesh, merging it into Voxels, sculpting detail, then somehow getting the difference back out as a displacement map.

Have you ever used Voxels for that sort of thing?

Also, the cloth thing intrigues me, but is seems to only work if your model is lying horizontally on the ground... I'd like to see what you do with that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Hi spacerat

Im searching for an algorithm that subdivides a voxel grid into simple OpenGL Primitves. Which algorithms do you use for this?

Rgrds

Sebastian

Hi Sebastian, welcome to join the community!

Excuse but what is "spacerat"? :)

Are you searching an algorithm or just a menu of 3D-Coat ? If you are searching the algorithm, you'll better to ask the developer directly.

• 1 month later...