3DCoat Forums

Is there a Sculpting Tutorial for 3DCoat?

Glitch Gremlin

Dumb question i know, but is there a straight forward tutorial that explains the best workflow? there are a few things i can't figure out

like for starters, i want my Shader to be Flat Grey without a big Light pointing at it "Shining off it" is there a way to do that? ive tried turning the light, but then its too dark to see the sculpt im working on at all.. 

also are there any brushes that i need to download sorta like how there is in Zbrush? if so could someone give me a link to where to get em?

thanks for any help you guys can offer.. 

• Advanced Member

- Search 3dCoat on Udemy, make sure to view the newest. I cant say they are what you are looking for cause I havent seen them :D But they are there. Also Anton Tenitsky has a mentorship program as well as tutorials.

- You dont need to download any brushes. You dont need to download any brushes for Zbr too? But you will need to adjust them for sure.

- I tried for you and couldnt figure out the flat shader thing  :D

Edited by Koray

• Reputable Contributor
On 2/7/2023 at 7:28 AM, Glitch Gremlin said:

Dumb question i know, but is there a straight forward tutorial that explains the best workflow? there are a few things i can't figure out

like for starters, i want my Shader to be Flat Grey without a big Light pointing at it "Shining off it" is there a way to do that? ive tried turning the light, but then its too dark to see the sculpt im working on at all.. 

also are there any brushes that i need to download sorta like how there is in Zbrush? if so could someone give me a link to where to get em?

thanks for any help you guys can offer.. 

These 2 are a few newer series. Anton Tenitsky's Channel has a great deal of content if the ones on 3DCoat Official Channel is not sufficient for you.

https://www.youtube.com/@AntonTenitsky/playlists

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hey,

Regarding your flat shader request...

Quickest solution:   In the shaders menu , click submenu "Polymers" and look for a dull grey shader called "DerlinIndustrial".  It's the 9th shader from the beginning in "Polymer" shaders.  Then adjust the lighting effects in the viewport using the three controls at the left of the header icons.

Also, I would highly recommend the 3D Coat tutorial linked in this thread.  The one with the Crocodile character.  Excellent overview of the full character creation pipeline in 3DC.  I'm going through it now and am picking up good stuff from it.  I'm actually thinking of getting the other tutorial by the same instructor.

Good luck!

3DC_shader.jpg

3DC_lights.jpg