3DCoat Forums

3dcoat is too slow-why?

Go to solution Solved by Andrew Shpagin,

I been trying to make hardsurface in 3d coat but in 3 000 000  tri, cutting is verryyyyy slow ( every operation take 10~ 7  seconds to do )

even I just bought  threadripper 5995WX pro for cpu and 4 of 3090ti (sli) and     256gb ram.   harddisk is also enough,        even my friend - lower spec than me even looks faster than me ( now I'm *****)  also I formatted my computer month ago but still same????

normally really slow like this?? cannot put up with this anymore. ...got so much client work but always too slow ., even now recentversion is same.  could someone help me on this//?

• Reputable Contributor
On 3/8/2023 at 9:06 AM, leesuyeon said:

I been trying to make hardsurface in 3d coat but in 3 000 000  tri, cutting is verryyyyy slow ( every operation take 10~ 7  seconds to do )

even I just bought  threadripper 5995WX pro for cpu and 4 of 3090ti (sli) and     256gb ram.   harddisk is also enough,        even my friend - lower spec than me even looks faster than me ( now I'm *****)  also I formatted my computer month ago but still same????

normally really slow like this?? cannot put up with this anymore. ...got so much client work but always too slow ., even now recentversion is same.  could someone help me on this//?

I just did a simple test on a primitive from the splash screen > subdivided to around 3 million triangles and using the Cutoff tool, took only 2-3 seconds. The reason it is not instantaneous is that it applies dynamic subdivision along the edges of the cut, which is a secondary calculation. I will ask Andrew to take a look at the Cutoff tool, anyway, because I saw some artifacts after a cut (with soft Booleans) that shouldn't be there. Is this the only tool you had trouble with?

• Advanced Member
On 3/8/2023 at 8:06 AM, leesuyeon said:

.... wouldn't nvlink be better?

also , do a quick video with task manager running so we can see the cores please

• Advanced Member
On 3/8/2023 at 12:06 AM, leesuyeon said:

For me, the problem was AMD. I had issue with other 3d software too. Also, the clock speed was another bottleneck. It seems your CPU is limited to 4.5 GHz max boost?
There are a couple of threads about issues related to it. 
I think at some point, Andrew, or another dev chimed in, saying they use an AMD too with no performance issues, but I can't remember what was the CPU. 

I since switched to an i9-13900KF and the difference is significant, the experience now is much better.

• Carlosan changed the title to [Fixed] 3d coat is too slow-why?

badword....why it is already fixed-problem????? ha it sometimes works in 3 sec but ****** now it is 10sec to cut this shit. in 3 873 892....sfadfsasfdmsfdnklgsdn;klgsfdn;klgs!!! only bought for computer for 3dcoat butfucking getting this drving me hot crazy.

• Carlosan changed the title to 3dcoat is too slow-why?

and why subdividing is take so long too???almost freezing. no mainly I use cutoff tool since 3dc is most intuitive toolever but ****** slow seams..only in my comp. safsfsfdgsdagsfdagsdagsdasfdaggsdgsfda...jkn;kln;kl .  badword.. not only cutoff split tool are shit same. sfdasfda

ha shisf sdafsfisdafjbskbsfd I never ****** been furioused like thisfsdfsfdajnsdfsdanfsdn;kl  should Ithen ****** re buying 109000k cpu or any solution ???????really want it and trying every shits and ****** more getting crazy sfdfasnfklssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssafdsfdakl

HA,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I DONT ****** KNOW WHY BUT HA,,,,,,HOW FUNNY...AFTER IM MESSINGAROUNDTHIS CHATTING,,, IT WORKS WELL IN 8 000 000 IN 2-3 SECOND.....AND DOES NOT WORK AGAIN SDFFSDFSDFSDFDSFREALLY WANT TO KNOW WHAT CAUSE THIS ****** SFSDAFBSDBFSDKLBVFSDLFSKLCFSKDLJCSKDLJCSFDASHIT....          ALSO MY FRINED IS USING ZBRUSH AND NOTICE EVERYTIME USING KNIFE TOOL ****** CRASHES,,,,BUT IN 3D COAT??????VERY FINE. ME IS OPPOSITE..SDFASHA....EXPPLODE

• Advanced Member

i have an underclocked 10900k .... its quite old now ... but i can still sculpt instantly with around 50-60 millions tris .. an theres no slow down . only cutting or curve operations does it hang for a second or two ...

a ryzen 9 should have plenty of power and shouldnt be slowing down ... i suggest you look into your pc first as non of us are having this issue.

oh shit then no solution ............................................................................................................................*****???? then should I fuckin buy 1099000sfdsfdsfdsfdk.... even I alreay bought 7000$cpu??? was alreadyformat my computer . 

nah looks like I'm ****** get shitfrom whole 3dc thing into my ass. getting slow reply or agsm I ****** blocked from forum and site so I cannot even ****** find 2023 and whole damn situation dfggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggbcccccccccccccccccccccsbdfgggggggggggggggggggg

most weird thing is literally after im pussing this insane shits in forum it works goddamn well....ha.............and just noticed if I increase size of mesh with transform then it workes well in 19 795 244 ( cutting in some second.not 2 sec)  OR IS IT RELATED TO VIEWPORT SIZE AT ANY POINT?????????????????????

but  ****** viewport laggy when I  trying to rotate or move my cursor,(just stops 2 second and can start to move anotherlocation.          ( I even having this issue in 3 000 000 ) ?PLZ REPLY BACK SOONAS POSSIBLE...... why answer is so lazy too??????????..ABOUT TO EXPLODE LITERALLY AND GONNA PEE EVERYWHERE ABOUT THIS SHIT OF 3DC................................................................................................................................

Cuts in voxel mode are much much faster. Surface cuts are slower, it are Booleans over heavy meshes, so may take some time.

Turn off Edit->Prefs->Viewport->Vertical syncronisation and Geometry->Incremental render and please answer questions:

1. If you have 8M object in scene, what FPS do you see when you rotate the scene (left bottom corner)?

2. Are there some lags when you rotate 8M scene?

3. Try cutoff over 8M mesh in voxel mode. Is it fast enough?

4. In your scene try Geometry->Cleanup memory. Are there any changes in viewport performance?

5. Does all that problems happen if you just subdivide one of initial spheres?

And using 2023 is usually free if you have not outdated 2022 license. So use 2023.08 build, it has some performance improvement.

Also I looked surface CutOff over 8M surface mesh, on my side it is slow as well. It may be optimized. I will do some optimizations in 2023.09 build.

And, from history - there was possible some lags in 3DCoat because of tablet driver. Try ununstalling tablet driver, compare viewport performance, then install driver again.

• Reputable Contributor
14 hours ago, leesuyeon said:

most weird thing is literally after im pussing this insane shits in forum it works goddamn well....ha.............and just noticed if I increase size of mesh with transform then it workes well in 19 795 244 ( cutting in some second.not 2 sec)  OR IS IT RELATED TO VIEWPORT SIZE AT ANY POINT?????????????????????

but  ****** viewport laggy when I  trying to rotate or move my cursor,(just stops 2 second and can start to move anotherlocation.          ( I even having this issue in 3 000 000 ) ?PLZ REPLY BACK SOONAS POSSIBLE...... why answer is so lazy too??????????..ABOUT TO EXPLODE LITERALLY AND GONNA PEE EVERYWHERE ABOUT THIS SHIT OF 3DC................................................................................................................................

When 3DCoat first opens look to the upper right portion of the Splash Screen and click on the UPDATES MANAGER option. When you get to the site, click on the newest version (build 08 currently), and install it. There were a number of performance  improvements in the past 2 builds. I hope this helps you in a big way.

• Advanced Member
2 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I tried some things and managed to improve the CutOff performance on heavy meshes in surface mode by at least 3-6 times on my computer. This improvement will be included in build 09.

you truly are a wizard ... thank for every improvement ... it doesn't go unnoticed , we appreciate every update

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor

I did some tests using the cutoff with the sphere subdivided into 8 million:
-> In the tests below, an AMD Ryzen 9 3900X processor was used.

1) Test without screen capture recording took the operation in 51 seconds.

image.thumb.png.b0c8086d29746c0418ab2f781c746509.png

2) Test with screen recording:
- Fatal error in 30 seconds.

3) Test with screen recording after Fatal Error:
- And the operation took 52 seconds.

@Andrew Shpagin , if I can help in any way and if you need more testing with this AMD processor please contact me.

12 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

I tried some things and managed to improve the CutOff performance on heavy meshes in surface mode by at least 3-6 times on my computer. This improvement will be included in build 09.

As always I am very grateful for the brilliant and fantastic work you and your entire team do. :clapping:
Thank you!

• Thanks 1

• Solution

Looks like there is global reason of 3DCoat (and other soft as well). This is Win update KB5023706 (google it).

We recommend uninstalling KB5023706.To do so, press the [Windows Key], type 'Uninstall updates', and select KB5023706 to uninstall.

In 2023.09 3DCoat will check for this update and ask the user to uninstall it. I hope that future updates of Windows will not cause any further disruptions.

• Thanks 1

• Contributor
5 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

Looks like there is global reason of 3DCoat (and other soft as well). This is Win update KB5023706 (google it).

We recommend uninstalling KB5023706.To do so, press the [Windows Key], type 'Uninstall updates', and select KB5023706 to uninstall.

In 2023.09 3DCoat will check for this update and ask the user to uninstall it. I hope that future updates of Windows will not cause any further disruptions.

Fortunately or unfortunately, I still use Windows 10, so when I looked for this installation under "Installed Updates", I didn't have KB5023706 installed  ( --> It looks like it's only for Windows 11).

Now, I was worried about this because I don't have this KB5023706 installed.
So @Andrew Shpagin ,  maybe... Is there another type of installation similar to KB5023706 that is installed and is causing this issue for Windows 10 users?

5 hours ago, Andrew Shpagin said:

In 2023.09 3DCoat will check for this update and ask the user to uninstall it.

For sure, when I have this build (3DCoat 2023.09), I'll do the tests and check the possible problems here if they happen... and I'll post the results.

Thank you so much for your hard work and incredibly quick response.

1 hour ago, Rygaard said:

Fortunately or unfortunately, I still use Windows 10, so when I looked for this installation under "Installed Updates", I didn't have KB5023706 installed  ( --> It looks like it's only for Windows 11).

Now, I was worried about this because I don't have this KB5023706 installed.
So @Andrew Shpagin ,  maybe... Is there another type of installation similar to KB5023706 that is installed and is causing this issue for Windows 10 users?

For sure, when I have this build (3DCoat 2023.09), I'll do the tests and check the possible problems here if they happen... and I'll post the results.

Thank you so much for your hard work and incredibly quick response.

Don't worry, cutoff speedup is not completely related to KB...

So for you it will work much faster anyway) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1