3DCoat Forums

Sug, for new Tree Tool

alexn007

• Contributor

Thanks for the great new leaves feature on the Tree tool!

Would love it if we could lock the seed of the tree shape. Sometimes I just want to change the branch length or thickness, and when using the new leaves option (which is amazing BTW) I just want to change the leaf scale or density, but every time I make any changes, it generates a new tree seed, and I lose the tree design I had and really liked.

I think this would make the tree tool so much more usable for artists.

Keep up the amazing work!

-Alex

Edited by alexn007
  • Thanks 1

• Contributor

It doesn't really work. Changing the leaf size works great, other than that, everything will change from under me. When I find a form I like, and I just want to make a slight adjustment to the branches for example, when I make them thinner or longer, the entire tree shape changes instead of just making the local changes to the branch's length or thickness. The save preset, will just capture whatever the shape is at the time I save the preset. I would like to just start to make micro adjustments and not lose the entire tree form. Here's a short video, I hope this helps or makes sense.

Thank you.

Edited by alexn007
  • Like 1