3DCoat Forums

[Solved]Adding logo or “picture”.

BPBill

Question

This part is not intuitive to me and pressing F1 leads to an unrelated video. But I can apply the decal with the “picture” tool. But I can’t make it stay. “Apply” or enter or esc doesn’t leave it there. It disappears whenever I select any other tool. I also would like to apply more than one. But it always references the first. Any suggestions? Thanks. 

15 answers to this question

On 3/25/2023 at 7:28 PM, Carlosan said:

Sorry, i am out of ideas.

You can try version 2023.09 as trial, if like to test if this issue was solved on latest version

I haven’t had a chance to use it much lately. But so far the issue has not appeared in 2023.11

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:29 PM, Oleg_Shapo said:

Please make a short video. Can't repeat the mistake.

I'll try but it won't be much of a video. A clip of "apply" not working. Then restarting the program and "apply" working. It's not a big issue for me because I don't have many uses for it in the current project. I only posted it because I thought it wasn't working at all. I tend to leave the app open. So I'll see if it is something that stops working over time.  

25 minutes ago, Carlosan said:

Testing 2023.9

From my side is working fine (w/ default pic).

Try using this settings

image.png

It works for me too when I restart it. I don’t know the condition that makes it stop working. I don’t have 2023 yet. I just bought 2022 and haven’t upgraded.

I left 3DCoat up overnight. I kept the same project in the same orientation. I tried to apply a picture around 5pm. It was still working. I tried now just after midnight. It would no longer apply the picture. I changed nothing else. So it's apparently something that occurs over time. It's a very minor issue. I just wanted to add that observation.

I tried other models and it couldn’t use the feature. But I also tried restarting several times. Closing everything else. And nothing was working today. I kept playing with the feature and finally found it did apply it to some surfaces easily but not others. Then I tried a combination of pressing enter and then “apply” on surfaces it didn’t want to apply to. This seemed to work. So now I’m thinking other observations were just a coincidence and it is some other quirk I just haven’t noticed.

Here is a video. But now I think that when apply doesn't work, I can press enter and that works. If I retry this example, I can't apply to the front. As seen here. But I can if I press "enter" instead. Not shown in this video. I can just hit "apply" to the top though. It's not consistent. So it seems like when "apply" fails, "enter" works. Not obvious to me what those conditions are. But this is better than restarting the program. 

• Thanks 1