3DCoat Forums

CoreAPI: installation (Python) and missing symbols issues

roar

Hello,

I was very happy to see that 3DCoat now supports Extensions in the form of C++-Dlls.

I installed 3DCoatPrint to do some tests and found out the following:

* CoreAPI-script(s) require Python-headers and -libs which haven't been automatically installed/configured during setup.
  I had to install Python for Windows with Debug-Options and add include-path and library-path to CMakeLists.txt of the project.

* With some demo-scripts (like TreesGenerator) I ran into missing symbols errors during linking. I assume there is a mismatch between the CoreAPI-headers and the 3DCoat-Lib '3DCoatGL64.lib'?! Missing symbols were:
    "public: virtual bool __cdecl VoxelExtension::SnapPoint(class comms::cVec2 &)"
    "public: virtual bool __cdecl BaseClass::ReadFromFile(char const *)"

Regards,
Reiner

Thanks for the hint - tried that, but more issues occured:

* Still missing Python-Folders (may be related to my setup/installation)

*Still missing symbols (VoxelExtension::SnapPoint and BaseClass::ReadFromFile, see above) when linking example GeneratorExample

* When compiling example TreesGenerator a new type of problem showed up: CoreAPI-headers don't match the source of TreesGenerator
  ... a lot of unknown members/types (e.g. RenderJustFacture for VolumeObject)

Not sure if contacting support@3dcoat.com is the right way to go since I work with a Demo-Version (we bought a "normal" license some year ago).

Regards,

Reiner