3DCoat Forums

Voxel Shaders Question : Reset to default?

Jake_H

• Advanced Member

Hi

I am busy playing with the demo, and I have overwritten some of the default voxel shaders trying t o create some new shaders.

How do I reset the shaders back to the defaults? (its not in the manual as far as I can tell)

Also - It would be good to see some sort of hypershade tree (yes I'm a Maya user) of the voxel material so one can check out the defaults before i break em.

I suspect that an edited shader source file can't be easily repaired and brought to its original state. But maybe there's a way to modify its XML properties to clean it up a bit:

3D-Coat/Shaders/Custom/PicMat_Clay/Variables.xml

Your suggestion about making obscure shader details more apparent sounds like a good idea.

• 9 years later...

I don't normally dig up old issues, but this one was never fixed. Sept 2018. Still zero way to reset a shader. Also unsure what the GlossTexture size should be, it scales it some distorted way. So I export the default shader from another computer, email it to myself, and restore it as a different shader. 

• Like 1