3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• Contributor

Nice decimation. You could use 100-200 more faces for the hair. But its OK. Great character. :clapping:

You know what, I was just doing that when I read your post. Final update of the day on this. Upres Hair and shoulders for better silhouette. and finished texture.

post-1266-12900167447841_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

New Training video up on vimeo, First of many to come.

Correcting Normal Projection

NMPC.jpg

Click Image to Link.

Hope this helps.

Im in the final stages of creating a web deployment for Scary-Monsters Workshops so as new training can be made available for Free from Scary-Monsters.org I will post announcements as and when its ready.

• Contributor

Thanks for comments, I will endeavour to produce better material as I go. Frontend for training is now complete'ish and in future I will be upping training HERE so check back every so often and see if there is anything of interest.

• Contributor

I love your model in this video LJB, very Huantes-que, nice flowing shapes and elegant design. I would love to see more like this from you, it gots me motivated for more 3dcoat sessions :good:

Excellent Thank you for the words. 3D Coat inspires me with these creatures, in ways zbrush fails to do, and its just so much nicer feeling.

Glad to push you forward.

• Contributor

Thank you all for the comments, much much much appreciated.

Slink is now Finished, But no images for now, Have to wait on those till things drop.

I am going to start focusing on Scary-Monsters Workshops, Free training workshops for 3D-Coat and various other softwares (Maya, Max, Softimage are all lacking in good training base, advanced ZBrush, MudBox, Blender etc)

I already have interest from artists who wish to collaberate in our workshops and think it would be a good idea to put this out there for others who may wish the same, so If anyone here feels they have top notch original production related content and wants some free publicity, and wishes to collaborate then please drop me a mail HERE

We are looking for Interesting modular training that covers advanced aspects of each of the softwares in question. specific requirements will be supplied to successful candidates.

Along side our workshops we wish to setup a competitve Virtual Studio where we will undertake comissioned projects. In working this way we hope to highlight the more complex areas, and bottlenecks of current pipelines and show students and professionals alike ways around these grey areas. making this a truly production oriented training site.

Any way enough Pimping!! :D

I want to take a turn at sculpting out some celeb or recognisable face see if i can nail liknesses, its so tricky I'm much inspried lately by Beatkitano's, Jake Hempsons's and Michallis' threads, and very much so by the work Scott Patton did on 'Avatar' and 'Terminator Salvation' so I hope to do that inspiration justice.

Edited cos when reading back my comment sounded pompous. Not ment that way at all.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

First chance I have had to sit and sculpt for fun for a little while. Slow progress on this I hope at least a likeness is there. I know its very much an Eye of the beholder thing when it comes to a likeness.

Anyway heres what i have so far. Im getting there Not happy yet.

Male_Likeness_Excercise_WIP.jpg

thanks for looking.

• Contributor

Hello from France.

Is it Harvey K ?

Nice sculpt so far!

Yay :yahoo: you made my morning!!!

Well its supposed to be him yes but I had a couple of bad guesses so far. Somebody said Russel Crowe :blink: and though i dont personally see the Russel C likeness myself, I do realise a Likeness in sculpts is all to often in the eye of the artist alone? Well big thanks to both you and digiman :drinks:

Merry C and happy new year.

• Contributor

Thanks Tinker,

I'd say its like 90% 3d coat, but to be fair I could have and should have stuck with 3d coat, at the time ZBrush was to me preferable but Im finding perfomance and features in 3d coat more and more accessable with each update. I dont really want to use anything else right now. ZBrush is ZBrush and will always have a place in my workflow but isnt it nice to work with tools that inspire new interesting workflows.

Im so happy with things here with 3DC right now. Great stuff happening.

• Advanced Member

Yay :yahoo: you made my morning!!!

Well its supposed to be him yes but I had a couple of bad guesses so far. Somebody said Russel Crowe :blink: and though i dont personally see the Russel C likeness myself, I do realise a Likeness in sculpts is all to often in the eye of the artist alone? Well big thanks to both you and digiman :drinks:

Merry C and happy new year.

Happy new year to you.

That was obvious that you sculpted Harvey Keitel.

Anyone who knows this actor would have guess :)

I can't wait to try similar work, but must wait

until I go back to Japan.

It's always a pleasure to have a look at your work.

It helps waiting 3d work time.

• Contributor

Happy new year to you.

That was obvious that you sculpted Harvey Keitel.

Anyone who knows this actor would have guess :)

I can't wait to try similar work, but must wait

until I go back to Japan.

It's always a pleasure to have a look at your work.

It helps waiting 3d work time.

I lost a little motivation in my friend HK cos I only have my laptrop to work on at the moment and 3d perfomance in 3d coat not so good, and i feel a little constrained. Plus the google ref i had was from many different periods and I can decide on a hairstyle that looks good enough. Probably more so the latter.

I have a break and come back to him later see if i can find it again.