3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• Advanced Member

Long time away working things got held up on a job and its been going slow.

I have an update on the bleak Player model however, Here is a Untiy render of the lowpoly with maps. Retopology done in Coat maps baked out using topogun, then painting done in Coat also.

post-1266-0-41875100-1332198466_thumb.pn

Thanks

and yes he will have some hair! :)

really amazing as always :)

btw: whats the status for your upcoming tutorial? :)

• Contributor

Thanks guys, @ Chingchong (Funny name BTW) apart from my current workload, my current battle is more personal, My health problems. I have something called Cushings (which was mis diagnosed as Hypo thyroid, and we only caught it cos I saw a random image on google if some strange Stria (which looked like stretch marks diagonal across abdomen) and remembered the same pattern on myself a few years ago). Without going into detaills the disease affects Hormone/steroid production from the perpetuity glad and messes my body up alot, which usually presents with minor/moderate depression and 'st Vitus dance' (some of you may remember I mentioned Restless leg syndrome) so finding the motivation apart from the time, is difficult. I will produce something however. So please check back.

• Advanced Member

yeah, name is derived from KingKong :D, but you can call me Peter :)

I'm sad to hear about your disease, but happy for you that you got now the right diagnose.

Since i'm a biologist at profession (but artist at heart ;)), i understand that you are not having a good time.

So bad, it seems that alot geniuses have physical handicaps, dont know why.

But take your time, and sorry for putting pressure on the tutorial issue. Since i know the background now, i will wait patiently and admire your work in the meantime :)

btw i think you mean the pituitary gland.

• 3 months later...
  • Contributor

@ Gagagarape Thanks Its so tricky to get her facially. So little to work from with Line art.

Nice work on the Tank Girl WIP.

Ah good old Jaime Hewlett!!!

@ Jake Thanks, Yes he's Fantastic, I Loved a short series he drew called Hewligans Haircut. Anybody remember that??

• Advanced Member
I Loved a short series he drew called Hewligans Haircut. Anybody remember that??

Yeah I have a copy of that - did you also get into the mag called Revolver - same time period - another one of the 2000Ad spin offs -(Along with CRISIS magazine).

• Contributor

Yeah I have a copy of that - did you also get into the mag called Revolver - same time period - another one of the 2000Ad spin offs -(Along with CRISIS magazine).

Na I was just 2000ad old skool stuff. Maybe I'm gonna do a bunch of these turn tables Breathe some life into my old favorites, Nemisis (Especialy Simon Bisley artwork)

post-1266-0-79723700-1342191262_thumb.jp

, ABC warriors, Bad Company, Rouge Trooper, Strontium Dog etc

• 2 months later...