3DCoat Forums

Leigh's Sketchbook

LJB

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Contributor

Thanks Alan.

Okey Dokey, Now all my health is sorted its Time to make some more training stuff with v4 Id like to announce 3 titles in the making.

Three levels Fundamentals through to advanced, with several cool projects to work on through.

I have just finished updating my site (Building a proper portal for sale) and those in the past that have had orders of reference image will find a support page Also please if you have a licence Please register your details here, so you will be included in updates in the future. I will at some stage get around to a news letter but that's not my priority now. Training is number one. I'll keeps you posted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Contributor

Pure Retopology workshop coming soon!

We will look at multiple projects covering basics and some more advanced topics.

post-1266-0-42441700-1357805507_thumb.pn

post-1266-0-33083300-1357805550_thumb.pn

In the second project we look at retopologising this hand (Game Res, for first person shooter hand to weapon). Covering manual Triangulation and optimisation of quad to tri polygons, while maintaining as much volume from the original sculpt as possible.

The finish article come in at under 1k tris.

• Like 2

• Contributor

I notice (in the hand) the frequent use of tri's and poles with as many as 8 polygons. issues that in the interest of animating, are real no-nos. The hand looks great but I have a different way of retopologizing them. With the wrench this wouldn't be such an issue.

• Contributor

Its not an issue really, Considering how the hand will animate, Consider the Poles do not compress and the finger tips are weighted to one bone only. Nibbling away at the weights you can rig this in no time. :) dont forget in game everything is Tris, its all talked about in the workshop Tony.