3DCoat Forums

• Advanced Member
In the dropdown box at the top of the screen you'll find the options for "More / Less in Cavity". Checking these will allow painting to only occur inside or outside the Depth of a normal map or other painted depth. I haven't tried it but apparently with microvertex painting it also detects geometry. I've been using it to add dirt and grunge to my Jedi Starfighter in the WIPs area.

Here's a quick example video:

http://screencast.com/t/EoMoNv5PuNE

Oh wow thanks, cool that is really awesome for clothing and and ~greebles~ :blink:

• Advanced Member

Working with quadrangulate on multiple voxel meshes, is there a way to quadrangulate voxel layers separately without it overwriting your previous retopology layers? I tried doing a few pieces by hand and wanted to mix it up with some quadrangulated pieces and as soon as I quadrangulate it kills everything else - even if I have separate retopo layers.

Ideally I'd like to just quadrangulate all of my voxel layers into their own separate retopo layers, then go in and tweak each by hand where needed.

• Advanced Member

Woohoo! Awesome updates, I especially love the normal map cavity detection part. Thanks! I'll give the bend tool a try when it's done downloading :p

EDIT: Does height detection work with normal maps now?

EDIT EDIT: Yaay!

Picture65.png

(well, height detection doesn't seem to work, but at least cavities do)

• Advanced Member
Ah, if it was a snake it would've bit me :)

I've never noticed that little fly-out menu, I've always just right clicked the pens.

You learn something new everyday.

Thanks!

Jeff

Mmmh, there is no such menue entry in my Version... I'm using Win32 without CUDA. Anyone with same problem??

Ahhh, I've found the reason...It only works with a new pen folder...mmmh maybe there should be a hint about this?

• Advanced Member

Dont know where to post:

Bug report for version 3.1 64bit DX:

Appears to be a Voxel problem only. When rotate along motion direction is ON and symmetry is ON, then the painting on the symmetry side is always buggy. Screenshot explains it better.

post-1281-1251239586_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member
Dont know where to post:

Bug report for version 3.1 64bit DX:

Appears to be a Voxel problem only. When rotate along motion direction is ON and symmetry is ON, then the painting on the symmetry side is always buggy. Screenshot explains it better.

post-1281-1251239586_thumb.jpg

That bugs been there even before 3.0. But I am confident Andrew will squish it in due time.