3DCoat Forums

Amateur Game Project

kay_Eva

• Advanced Member

Hey, I've been using 3dCoat and blender to work on an amateur game project. Key word "Amateur" =) And not for mass consumption; just a game that a person with my exact taste might enjoy maybe.

Thanks Andrew for making such a great program!

198bbl.png

A lil video on Vimeo. It's the first video. It's very early.

http://www.vimeo.com/5403791

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
Cool. :)

Who did the music for the video?

Thanks! I been composing music for over 12 years. I don't try to please others' ears I just want to convey my feelings into sound. So lots of times people don't know what to think when they hear it. I want to compose an entire OST for this project. Probably 7-12 songs or so. In a way I've been working on this project for almost 4 years because when I first started I didn't know how to draw, I didn't know how to model, I didn't know how to code, I didn't know how to rig, I didn't know anything. So it's been 3.5 years of me trying to do something to change those facts. At first all I did was compose songs and write down scenarios and game systems on notebook paper if I had to. Some of it I simply committed to memory. I still remember the very first RPG battle system that I thought about so long ago.

I've always been interested in creating games in blender but just never had the time.

I'm interested in seeing your progress.

I'll post periodically. I can help you learn Blender Game Engine if you start a project of you're own. It's really simple to use if you know the basics of 3d already.