3DCoat Forums

Jakes Sketchbook

Jake_H

• Advanced Member

Hi

I have been working on this head sculpt during lunch breaks at work - using the demo copy ( bought myself a licence for home).

Based on a voxel sphere primitive looking at some clay sculpts for reference.

Will post hopefully again soon.

post-1096-1247805466_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jake

Hi

I have been working on this head sculpt during lunch breaks at work - using the demo copy ( bought myself a licence for home).

Based on a voxel sphere primitive looking at some clay sculpts for reference.

Will post hopefully again soon.

post-1096-1247805466_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Jake

Very nice result. Be curious to see more, soon.

:good:

• Advanced Member

Some more playing around with the voxel sculpting component of 3Dcoat

Tortose skull study - I am obsessed with bones - hence why I love the Voxel sculpting component - easy to create holes in surfaces- very organic.

post-1096-1248164199_thumb.jpg

Also a torso study ( female - duh ) - stilll working on it based from a cylnder primitive. The chest area is being worked on as you can see from the scrape tool - and ribcage needs work. (Looking at a combination of greek sculptures - and more modern stone torso studies).

post-1096-1248164253_thumb.jpg

• Contributor

Nice material here, and on your website!!!! Are not Voxels so fun to work with? BTW Jake You can use the license on up to 3 systems as long as the application is not running at the same time so your license can work for you at work also!!

- leigh

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

A quick sculpt based on based on one of enki bilal's sketches. I also need to finish off the old man this week.

post-1096-1250462615_thumb.jpg

I still have to feminse the stylised head, looking far to manly.

• Contributor

I like it! :)

Dont know Enki much,just some stuff,I like Moebius and, the few european hardcover comics Ive seen made a great impression on me .But Im more in early Marvel and GameWorkshop.(I grew up with them)

anyway,please keep posting stuff ,very cool! :brush:

• Contributor

VERY Nice Jake, Some nice looking angles on the face. Maybe drop the brows a hair, he looks a little stunned now you added the different material to the eye you can see the brow line is not the same as that in enki' reference for me that changes the whole emotion of the sketch, I dont know maybe its the eye shape??.

Great work though!

• Advanced Member

nice work jake, maybe you would want to make the hair out of a seperate voxel object so that you can colour it? I havent ever read french comics but the art looks so stylish Id like to see more.

• Advanced Member
nice work jake, maybe you would want to make the hair out of a seperate voxel object so that you can colour it? I havent ever read french comics but the art looks so stylish Id like to see more.

Ja will probably try a version with the hair as a separte vox - Cheers for the feedback- my sketch has turned from girl to a dude - so will drop off two versions one guy one gal (as per LJB feeback re- brow).

• Advanced Member

Hi

Some of my other stuff built in 3DCoat:

post-1096-1252037886_thumb.jpg

post-1096-1252037899_thumb.jpg

Working on some digital sculpts based off of bones and working the the theme of momento mori. All part of my visual arts stuff for my masters work. Want the works to look gritty - natural and somewhat broken (natural decay).

Hi

Some of my other stuff built in 3DCoat:

post-1096-1252037886_thumb.jpg

post-1096-1252037899_thumb.jpg

Working on some digital sculpts based off of bones and working the the theme of momento mori. All part of my visual arts stuff for my masters work. Want the works to look gritty - natural and somewhat broken (natural decay).

very nice. Keep on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Cheers LBJ

Cheers Erkaerbar

Im also testing out works on similar theme using Unity - Tinker convinced me to pull my finger out after seeing his work/tests:

post-1096-1253140876_thumb.jpg

Rough vox sculpt I did a while back (test data) - then I did a quick bake down to quad mesh, with normals AO and material to texture

post-1096-1253140886_thumb.jpg

Unity view - still got to learn loads more on using the app - the above is just me messing about for an hour or so - using the "of course I didnt read the documentation" style workflow. Yet to get a build running on the web but will get there.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

post-1096-12548697971724_thumb.jpg

Long time no post - working on fun side thing - a creature design I started waaay back when in Mudbox V1- wasnt happy with it did a paint over in PS - and now working her up in 3DCoat

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member

Hi a quick lunch speed sculpt - 50 minutes - base sphere for head, spline for neck and box for chest - then lowered the resolution, blocked in the nose and ears from sub primatives ect..- will post the next 45 min tomorrow after lunch.

The sculpt is based off of a L.F. Roubiliac bust of Alexander Pope (1741) - although the reference image inserted is from another sculpt of Pope - (but you get the idea).

(PS the base was already done in maya so that doesnt count)

post-1096-12579126323023_thumb.jpg