3DCoat Forums

DVD (Voxel Sculpting Characters) Release Discussion thread

Javis

• Advanced Member

Hi Javis, the price is reasonable and I'd like to purchase my copy. But is it possible to provide a download version? Ship the DVD-ROM by post is not a choice for me.

I don't need 7 Gigs that high quality. Smaller size is enough, for example 640 x 512 pixel, maybe lower frame rate.

• Reputable Contributor

Looking forward to this Javis. But at the same time I must say, I really hope some more balanced and comprehensive material is on it's way soon. I mean Voxels are nice and it's an important major feature, but it isn't going to help me much to be a wizard at Voxels and a struggling novice with the rest of the program. I don't mean to sound so caustic, but the other rooms in 3DC are just as vital to our workflow as Voxels, and I hope they get equal attention in the future. :pardon:

• Reputable Contributor
Hey Don. :)

I am planning on covering all the rooms that I can. Next I am going to tackle the retopology section. Then I will cover the paint tab, most likely with DP.

Thanks. Much appreciated. So, when is this DVD available? Early this week or toward the end of it? Got check card waiting at the ready. :)

Sweet!

We are distributing through KURV for the DVD, I am assured that it will release at some point this week. Unfortunately I don't have a precise target date. I will ask Wes if it's almost ready. ;)

As for the download, also, I must speak with Wes, maybe he can do it for a limited amount of customers. But that is something I am not sure will be possible. However, I will definitely ask him.

• Advanced Member
As for the download, also, I must speak with Wes, maybe he can do it for a limited amount of customers. But that is something I am not sure will be possible. However, I will definitely ask him.

Sweet. Shipping to japan would be troublesome I think.

Btw are all the sculpts 3dc even the hard edges? No importing from lw?

• Advanced Member

Hi Javis, thanks for the download option.

I just purchased my copy. But when I click the download link, it tells me :"File not found. Invalid path or filename." Hope this could be fixed.

There's even more problem for me, I didn't see this statement(Attention: For security reasons, your file is only available for download for the next 24 hours or 3 download attempts. ) until finished the payment.

I'm at home(on the farm) this summer, here is only slow speed(1Mb ADSL) internet connection and not very stable, usually lost connection every several hours.

At on average 70KB/s - 104KB/s download speed, I doubt I can finished the download in 24 hours. As the unstable connection, 3 download attempts is nearly impossible.

• Advanced Member

I tried 3 times to click the download link, 3 times all return the same result: "File not found. Invalid path or filename."

When I try the 4th time, it tells me :

"This download has expired (3 or more attempts or more than 72 hours have pasted) or is invalid.

Please contact KURV studios at sales1@kurvstudios.com if you feel this is not correct or you need the file again."

Still waiting KURV's reply.

Hi Javis, thanks for the download option.

I just purchased my copy. But when I click the download link, it tells me :"File not found. Invalid path or filename." Hope this could be fixed.

There's even more problem for me, I didn't see this statement(Attention: For security reasons, your file is only available for download for the next 24 hours or 3 download attempts. ) until finished the payment.

I'm at home(on the farm) this summer, here is only slow speed(1Mb ADSL) internet connection and not very stable, usually lost connection every several hours.

At on average 70KB/s - 104KB/s download speed, I doubt I can finished the download in 24 hours. As the unstable connection, 3 download attempts is nearly impossible.

Hello, yes we were uploading the files over night and they stalled. We are continuing today. When they are done, very soon, we will get you a new link :)

Thanks for your patience!!

As far as the time needed to download, we will make sure you get your product :) that's not a concern at all.

I tried 3 times to click the download link, 3 times all return the same result: "File not found. Invalid path or filename."

When I try the 4th time, it tells me :

"This download has expired (3 or more attempts or more than 72 hours have pasted) or is invalid.

Please contact KURV studios at sales1@kurvstudios.com if you feel this is not correct or you need the file again."

Still waiting KURV's reply.

I replied to you directly... sorry it was a LATE night last night so I slept in a little this morning :p

• Contributor
I replied to you directly... sorry it was a LATE night last night so I slept in a little this morning :p

Hi "Kurv",

I think I had a coupon coming but you guys are so busy you may not have noticed my email on the subject. I will order as soon as I hear back.

Hello chupacabra,

It's a known issue that is being currently resolved. I'm sure KURV will get to you soon... In the mean time, here is the message you should see from KURV that relates to your issue:

Thank you for your order today on the Official Guide for 3D Coat training by Javis Jones. We appreciate the order!

Please accept our apologies on the download today we had some issues on the server and lost the file we uploaded over night. Please be assured we are working on the problem as fast as we can and will have the file fixed soon. When done, we will send you another set of download links and watch the server closely to be sure your downloads happen in a timely fashion.

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

• Advanced Member

Did I understand well it's 20 hours?Wow.

I hope it encompasses all aspects of the sculpting, painting, retop, mapexporting and above all an insight that explains short and clear principles of CG like UV, Ambient Occlusion, Raytracing, Global Illumination, Displacement vs bump, normalmapping, exportproblems, importproblems, Pointclouds and its uses, voxels vs polygons, resolutionlimits in relation to hardware, how to navigate through the different rooms and why? :help:

;)

Is the sculpted character the one on the cover? If yes, then it should be stated it's a tutorial for beginners, since it's mostly geometrical(no muscles/wrinkles e.t.c.). Sorry if there's actually another character on the dvd.

• Contributor
Is the sculpted character the one on the cover? If yes, then it should be stated it's a tutorial for beginners, since it's mostly geometrical(no muscles/wrinkles e.t.c.). Sorry if there's actually another character on the dvd.

Most of us are beginners and need lessons on various ways to use the toolset. Some users are more advanced and LJB has provided much material for "muscles/wrinkles , etc". Check them out, well worth it. :)