3DCoat Forums

Honeycomb mask

philnolan3d

I wasn't sure I wanted to share this at first, it took me a long time of fiddling to get it just right. But ah, what the heck. It's good for chicken wire and such I guess. I made it for my Jedi Starfighter in the WIPs area. Attached you can also see a screenshot of how it looks on my model.

honeycomb.zip

post-466-1249890976_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Well this essentially is a stencil. That's pretty much what a mask is in 3DC terms. A brush might be harder because it's just one piece of the whole shape that needs to be tiled. I guess if you got the spacing just right, but it would just be easier to use it as a mask.

• Advanced Member
Well this essentially is a stencil. That's pretty much what a mask is in 3DC terms. A brush might be harder because it's just one piece of the whole shape that needs to be tiled. I guess if you got the spacing just right, but it would just be easier to use it as a mask.

yeah if you got the spacing right on a single honeycomb it would be pretty cool as a brush as you could have nice arbitrary endings to the honeycomb structure or just dot a few down to add details.