3DCoat Forums

Andrew Will You Please Sell a Game Engine?

kay_Eva

• Advanced Member

:blink: Hey there.

I think Andrew Shapgin is the best developer I know of. Is it possible that he could sell a game engine someday? That would be great! I think he has background in game industry anyway. Well anyway. I been having issues dealing with game engine developers (they are very hard to talk to sometimes).

But if Andrew was the provider of my game engine it would be GREATTTTTTT

I mean never to interfere with 3d Coat development of course... anyway

just wishfully thinking out loud. :brush:

would that be great if Andrew just made every piece of software ever that would be pretty cool

• Advanced Member
What, the BGE isn't good enough for ya? >:E

I want a game engine with a road map and dedicated developers. That's why I choose to go commercial engine. Blender's development of the game engine is like a rollercoaster ride wearing a blindfold. It's plenty powerful on it's own but nobody in particular has any accountability for which direction it takes. I was very excited to see the EAR developments but then they went radio silent. I prefer 3d Coat's development style the most. Twitter plus direct feedback and interaction from a dedicated developer. Andrew's style is the best for me.

OK - I am quite... :)

What I mean is: I understand your wish, to have a game engine made by Pilgway, but I think, they already have a lot of work with 3D Coat and to produce a game engine, I guess you mean a 3D engine, is "a little bit" more work.

Sorry for my words in the first post.

Best wishes

Chris

:blink: Hey there.

I think Andrew Shapgin is the best developer I know of. Is it possible that he could sell a game engine someday? That would be great! I think he has background in game industry anyway. Well anyway. I been having issues dealing with game engine developers (they are very hard to talk to sometimes).

But if Andrew was the provider of my game engine it would be GREATTTTTTT

I mean never to interfere with 3d Coat development of course... anyway

just wishfully thinking out loud. :brush:

would that be great if Andrew just made every piece of software ever that would be pretty cool

http://www.terathon.com/c4engine/index.php

Try this one. The developer Eric Lengyel, has a work ethic like Andrews, has a professional background and also has a roadmap planned out that he constantly fullfills. Although you need a decent system to run it since it runs on 100% dynamic lighting, and you need to able to program with c++. Try out the demo at least.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Advanced Member
I think Andrew will add game engine to 3dc v4.0

3d coat isn't supposed to be that sort of software, is it? It's just for creating textured models. Before it gets a game engine I'd like to see an armature animation system perhaps. Maybe it will end up a full 3d suite itself, who knows.

Some interesting game engines are already existing (C4, Visual 3D, Unity, Shiva, Neoaxis...) but no competitors to Speedtree are existing! I think many indie creators can use one of the previous game engines, but no one (or probably very fiew!) are able to spend 3 or 4000$ for Speedtree!

From What I read from many boards many people want a library similar to Speedtree without to find.

So that's why I would really enjoy myself to see Andrew extend his tree program and why not relase a totally new stand alone version. I'm sure many of us would be happy to spend 300$ or even 500$ to have a real good competitor to Speedtree!