3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

What do you mean by moderated?

Yeah Drag & Drop still doesn't work here either.

Same, drag and drop still doesn't work in .5

On a side note Andrew, is it possible (while downloading all of these .1 updates to test) to have a smaller download, possibly without DirectX included? That is of course if I'm correct that DirectX is included in the package. Either way, if it's possible, it'd be nice :)

What do you mean by moderated?

Same, drag and drop still doesn't work in .5

On a side note Andrew, is it possible (while downloading all of these .1 updates to test) to have a smaller download, possibly without DirectX included? That is of course if I'm correct that DirectX is included in the package. Either way, if it's possible, it'd be nice :)

Please explain about Drag& Drop because on my side all works as expected.

I can't speak for Reactor, but whenever I drag anything onto the 3DC UI (any part of the UI) my cursor turns to a black circle with a slash through it. If I let go of the mouse button nothing happens aside from the circle turning back into an arrow. Here's a video (Replaced my previous link).

http://vimeo.com/6542075

I can't speak for Reactor, but whenever I drag anything onto the 3DC UI (any part of the UI) my cursor turns to a black circle with a slash through it. If I let go of the mouse button nothing happens aside from the circle turning back into an arrow. Here's a video (this link may not work, if not I'll have another shortly).

http://screencast.com/t/oVFFlI8no

Very strange. It works ok on all PC-s available near.

Does it work at least for someone?

I can't speak for Reactor, but whenever I drag anything onto the 3DC UI (any part of the UI) my cursor turns to a black circle with a slash through it. If I let go of the mouse button nothing happens aside from the circle turning back into an arrow. Here's a video (Replaced my previous link).

I have the same problem here and I have almost the same specs than you:

Vista Home Premium x64, Q6600, 8GRAM, 8800GT 512MB. I don't have an idea what the prob is.

I've tried lots of possibilities, i.e. run as admin and not, UAC on or off, with IE8 or Firefox, from my explorer, from desktop, nothing.

:drinks:

• Advanced Member

Is there a way to rotate a curve point and its children around the vector that runs between it and its parent? example: I want to rotate a hand at the wrist in a twisting fashion. I was thinking that by hitting the 'r' key to activate rotate mode... maybe right click dragging could do this - or some combination of modifier + pen.

This is exactly my problem. I'm running Vista, 32bit. I'm not sure how you can look into this one Andrew, but thanks for doing so!

Is there a way to rotate a curve point and its children around the vector that runs between it and its parent? example: I want to rotate a hand at the wrist in a twisting fashion. I was thinking that by hitting the 'r' key to activate rotate mode... maybe right click dragging could do this - or some combination of modifier + pen.

Agree, twist should be there too... I will add it. Just not good that there will be odd amount of choices. What to add there to become even?

I have the same problem here! Vista Ultimate X64.

Thanks

• Advanced Member

+1.. I second that one... Just came across the need for the very functionality...

Is there a way for Selecting multiple points in curves mode ?

(not apply to whole curve,just 2 or more points to scale for example)

I don't think there is right now. Unless you're doing it in an "FK" way, like scaling from a knee down to a foot, but not the hip.

Agree, twist should be there too... I will add it. Just not good that there will be odd amount of choices. What to add there to become even?

Well, if you're feeling ambitious, how about "Inverse kinematic move":)

Something like the full body IK in Maya or Endorphin, where you can

indicate the end of the IK chain on the fly would be really nice.

Jeff

p.s. Thanks for adding Save/Load curves. Not to be greedy, but it would

be useful if Load had the option to append the current curves rather than

replace them.

• Advanced Member
Well, if you're feeling ambitious, how about "Inverse kinematic move":)

Something like the full body IK in Maya or Endorphin, where you can

indicate the end of the IK chain on the fly would be really nice.

This would be nice to have. There is a thread with similar requests here

hey!

drag n drop works here on vista 64 from a file browser. i never drag pictures from web. dont work on opera browser btw...but thats a opera issue, cant drag to photoshop either.

curve tools are great!

would be really nice to have this rig permanent on the voxels and be able to edit with other tools and pose again after. i know that the mesh will be degraded, its the nature of voxels. but if the voxel grid is at high rez then it should be ok.

then the information from this rig could be used in the automatic retopo...to get correct edge loops. that would be fantastic!

keep up the good work downloading latest now

would be really nice to have this rig permanent on the voxels and be able to edit with other tools and pose again after. i know that the mesh will be degraded, its the nature of voxels. but if the voxel grid is at high rez then it should be ok.

Perhaps if said posing could be done in Surface mode you would have less artifacts.

• Advanced Member

There's a problem with the curves tool. Press q to extrude and try to extrude a point...

Picture3-4.png

That's what I get. Curve connection is fine only while you're initially placing the points, but when you try to select the opposite point for instance and extrude that, this is what you get.

Jagged edges is off.