3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

No nothing special. Just installed FF with some plugs, but none that is important for this issue.

EDIT: The same happens in internet explorer 8.x

Always I have to move the image on the desktop first, then move it from the desktop to 3dc, then it works.

• Contributor

Drag Drop work 80% of time here mostly due to how the website display images.

Also A big resolve Andrew did not mention that was fixed in this build was the Viewport Centering. I thought that was worth a mention!! Nice Update. Thank you.

If you were one on the ones that posted about this then you'll know what i mean if not then chances are you never noticed it so NP.

• Advanced Member
Make sure your dragging it to the + symbol of the layer you wish to parent under Shift Drag over the layer will simply commit the move to layer function.

[edit] Shift modifiyer is not required

That's the ticket... :) Thanx

EDIT: Oops... Can't parent the layer to the root though with the same method...

2nd Edit: Ok, you just D&D the layer onto it's parent, and it gets parented to the root again...

Cheers

AJ

Hi everybody,

I do some Retopo works at this time and I have to suggest some few improvements to the Retopo tools:

• The possibility to set the opacity of the mesh to have a better visibility of the Original HI-res mesh.
  • To cut through several faces with the Split tool.
  • To Slide vertex along Edge (the same effect like the Slide Edge tool but with a vertex selection).
  • Relax to a selection of vertices instead of the entire object.

Best Regards,

Walter

Sorry for my poor English

• Advanced Member
Hi everybody,

I do some Retopo works at this time and I have to suggest some few improvements to the Retopo tools:

• The possibility to set the opacity of the mesh to have a better visibility of the Original HI-res mesh.
  • To cut through several faces with the Split tool.
  • To Slide vertex along Edge (the same effect like the Slide Edge tool but with a vertex selection).
  • Relax to a selection of vertices instead of the entire object.

Best Regards,

Walter

Sorry for my poor English

what you want already exist but the first!

OK, Good for the Brush Relax ! They work fine.

For the two other, I don't know... Could you explain Please !

I want to cut several Face in one Split to obtain a straight line.

A new suggestion:

The possibility to check the number of tris of a Polygone. Great for remove the faces sharing more than 4 edges, etc., to have a clean topology.

It's possible to have the "Hotbox Control" (the rollout when you push SpaceBar in the 3Dview) more responsive.

Such like Maya, when you releasing the spacebar, it disappears.

I have some latences, I had to click to the 3D view and it's frustating...

Thanx !

It's possible to have the "Hotbox Control" (the rollout when you push SpaceBar in the 3Dview) more responsive.

Such like Maya, when you releasing the spacebar, it disappears.

I have some latences, I had to click to the 3D view and it's frustating...

You shouldn't have to click, just move the mouse away from the box. Actually for retopo what I usually do is open the box and pin it so that it stays open. It's more convenient than going off to the left side all the time I think.

• Contributor
All releases in this thread are beta.

Euh? :huh: ...I think not.

3DCoat went beta after 3.0 just because of new surface mode

(as explained by Andrew at the beginning of 3.00.08 BETA thread).

All releases in this thread are 3.1 release updates.

This is why the thread is called 3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread.

Call them what you will, I spoke with Andrew about it and what I took from the conversation was that they are beta.

All one must do is take a gander at the tools that are new. Are they finished? Are they working entirely properly without bugs or crashing? My friend, that is called a beta. :)

The next release build will be 3.2.

• Contributor
Call them what you will, I spoke with Andrew about it and what I took from the conversation was that they are beta.

All one must do is take a gander at the tools that are new. Are they finished? Are they working entirely properly without bugs or crashing? My friend, that is called a beta. :)

The next release build will be 3.2.

Add BETA to the title and people will stop asking that.(Why is this question asked:I dont know)

"3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread" really sounds like a thread in which you will find updates to the 3.1 release.

I really dont care if those are betas or 3.1 updates. :D

Im sorry if it sounded important to me. :drinks:

I asked this question because I've posted a thread in the release support forum, a question related to the 3.1.05 and someone tells me that I should post it in the beta forum....

But I thought that these versions were release versions and not beta versions.

Please update this thread if they're beta :) Andrew ? what do you think about ?

Here's the link where someone tells me that : http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=3799

• Contributor
Hm, reading Twitter, is ABF++ going to solve the seams you sometimes get with realtime models?

No ,the seams come from incompatible normal map settings.

Each game engine require specific settings.You need to find proper formula.

This is why Andrew added "Local Space Normalisation" setting in preference menu.

ABF++ stands for "angle based flatenning" is the second part of the holy medallion of unwrapping

for which the counterpart is LSCM "least square conformal mapping"(which Andrew already implemented)

What does it do?

With both,just defining seams and you get an instant perfect unwrapping,even on complex topologies

(minus some relaxing here and there of course)

It is way more powerful than Pelt .

No ,the seams come from incompatible normal map settings.

Each game engine require specific settings.You need to find proper formula.

This is why Andrew added "Local Space Normalisation" setting in preference menu.

ABF++ stands for "angle based flatenning" is the second part of the holy medallion of unwrapping

for which the counterpart is LSCM "least square conformal mapping"(which Andrew already implemented)

What does it do?

With both,just defining seams and you get an instant perfect unwrapping,even on complex topologies

(minus some relaxing here and there of course)

It is way more powerful than Pelt .

Indeed!

ABF++ is very nice. I'm much looking forward to it's implementation.

• Advanced Member

Hi all,

I haven't been working with 3dcoat for a while and just got version 3.1.06. to do some voxel sculpting. I'm running DX64 CUDA version.

I've got to say the Carve brush seems broken to me: When carving over a non flat surface (say in a crevice) with depth of 50% or so it creates ugly holes all around.

Even on a flat surface, the border of the carve show some uglyness.

When working with a very small depth of 1-2% it creates a nasty patern of dots.

I used to use this tool a lot and it was working fine at that time. Now it's unusable to me.

Can someone with the same version running confirm this, thanks.

Franck.

Edit: I'm using the second pen pressure setting btw: Pressure only affects depth