3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

• Advanced Member

Not sure if Im doing something wrong here.

version 3.1.24

Windows 7 x64 without Cuda

Im trying to Use the new Chisel brush. I can see the list of brushes but I am unable to select the brush.. The buttons light up when I roll over them they will not activate with a mouse press. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

IC

• Advanced Member

Hiya,

Wanted to check in once again. I ended up with 3 crashes using the Wacom. 2 were with the 64bit DX and the other was with the 32 bit DX versions. It was instantaneous, not even the case of working and then it happening. I would put the stylus onto the work area of the tablet and it would crash the program. Is this a known bug??

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit, Home Premium, NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT, Wacom IV.

Thanks!

Im trying to Use the new Chisel brush. I can see the list of brushes but I am unable to select the brush.. The buttons light up when I roll over them they will not activate with a mouse press. Any help would be appreciated.

This has already been reported in the bugs section, please keep bug reports there.

Wanted to check in once again. I ended up with 3 crashes using the Wacom. 2 were with the 64bit DX and the other was with the 32 bit DX versions. It was instantaneous, not even the case of working and then it happening. I would put the stylus onto the work area of the tablet and it would crash the program. Is this a known bug??

Check Wacom's website this was happening to be when Wacom introduced new drivers a while back. I reported it to them and talked to their support guy, he said they would download 3DC and try it. Very shortly after that I noticed that new driver was no longer on their website. So try downloading the latest driver they have on there now. you may have gotten the bad one.

Yeah the new driver version works. I was having the very issue you are having now Richard. In fact it was also crashing PS, Camtasia, and a host of other applications.

Their new driver works much better. If it still crashes, you can download an older version, that is what I did. But anyway, the newer one should work just fine.

• Advanced Member

OK< thanks so much folks!! I'll download and give that a try!! On a side note, I've asked all around about this with Wacom... can you tell me how to turn off of the stylus feedback when the pen is touching the tablet? Say I'm working in Photoshop and leave the stylus on the tablet for like a second too long there is this fat circle that appears and swirls around. Even my right click thing has this. I really want this feedback circle thing turned off, it's very distracting! Thanks again!!

• Contributor

OK< thanks so much folks!! I'll download and give that a try!! On a side note, I've asked all around about this with Wacom... can you tell me how to turn off of the stylus feedback when the pen is touching the tablet? Say I'm working in Photoshop and leave the stylus on the tablet for like a second too long there is this fat circle that appears and swirls around. Even my right click thing has this. I really want this feedback circle thing turned off, it's very distracting! Thanks again!!

Its just some awful Vista crap: Control panel---Pen and Input Devices---Pointer Feedback tab

:Disable any friggin options there. :)

Who would want that really? :nea:

• Advanced Member

Hmmm, I'm using Windows 7. I've got Pen and Touch in the Control Panel and there is no option to turn that off!! Believe me, I've looked under everything that has to do with mouse, tablet and Pen and Touch and can not find this option. They have either hidden it very well or I'm not looking in the right place!! :cry:

• Contributor

Not sure if he would want my rotten organs but OK! Now where did I put that surgical blade of mine?? **wonders off**

:) Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Scroll down to Tablet PC Input Service (Not TabletServiceWacom) -> Stop Service.

or

some people say the latest wacom drivers fix this also.

• Contributor

Control panel > Tablet PC Settings > Pen & Touch > Pen options > Highlight 'Press & Hold' and select 'settings' button

Then disable the check box at the top.

Artman in my experience Win 7 sees Tablet as a tablet and just re installs and restarts the Tablet service even if you uninstall the tablet service under 'add remove programs'

or turn it off.

Another way may be to turn the Tablet to mouse mode in the Wacom settings but then you lose a whole bunch of benifits.

post-1266-12640904352236_thumb.png

• Advanced Member

:) Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services -> Scroll down to Tablet PC Input Service (Not TabletServiceWacom) -> Stop Service.

or

Worked just fine. Thanks so so much!! Whew!! :)

Its just some awful Vista crap: Control panel---Pen and Input Devices---Pointer Feedback tab

:Disable any friggin options there. :)

Who would want that really? :nea:

I have heard people say they love it when they have a tablet PC. The problem is that Vista / 7 doesn't know the difference between a tablet PC and a Wacom tablet.

or

Yep, that's the way. :)

LJB, I don't have that issue. That's funky though! This happens each time you reboot?

Yeah, me too, I am slowly getting this second-class feeling, seems to me Linux updates are coming in slower and slower...

This time failure happened with Linux build. I wanted to make 3.1.24 build for Linux and sent sources to Linux programmer. But possibly attachment was too big and he has not got my letter.

So there was so big delay that there is no big sense to compile it because 3.2 will out tomorrow or after tomorrow (when manual will be ready).

And please excuse, we will try to be more careful with Linux builds.

You guys complaining about the Linux builds, please be a little more patient. A few days, or sometimes a week after isn't a big deal. Considering OTHER companies either do not have Linux support or their Linux builds come out months later, I think this is a more then acceptable time frame.

Please keep in mind, this is a pretty small operation! :)

That said, I am also a Linux user, and I don't feel like we're being left out in the cold.

• Advanced Member

To be clear, I wasn't complaining just asking :)

However, one thing I will point out is that if a build of any platform lags (not just for 3DC, but any application) then bugs specific to that platform (or the workflow of users of that platform) will be reported later and later. I can report bugs from 3.1.22 but not 23 or 24.

I'm just happy it's on Linux, it's the main reason I looked into 3DC to be honest. If Zbrush was on Linux I likely wouldn't have looked into it, though I now know that I would have been missing out on a quality product.

Cheers,

Peter B

Yeah I hear that. I'd love to see all the bugs on Linux get squashed quickly. It's my favorite platform to use, and, it's much nicer to use 3DC on Ubuntu as the performance is drastically faster then windows (Although Win7 is pretty good for performance with 3DC).

Anyway, I am still ecstatic that 3DC is on Linux. :drinks:

• Advanced Member

Don't get me wrong, me too. I've been exclusively on Linux for five years now and I really appreciate 3D Coat being available on Linux and also the rapid pace of development. So I don't want to sound ungrateful in the slightest, I highly respect Andrew and his work ethic.

The reason I posted was that I wanted to know what's causing the delay, that is all. I apologize that this came out wrong!

And thanks again for supporting the penguin!