3DCoat Forums

3D-Coat 3.1 updates thread

If you are importing model for per-pixel or microvertex panting then - yes.

That's great! But then if I go into sculpting mode afterwards, will it preserve the vertex order?

Or is there a way to export the depth channel in paint mode as an .obj? Or else I'll have to find a simple way to convert a normal map into a morph.

Than you!

Bala

That's great! But then if I go into sculpting mode afterwards, will it preserve the vertex order?

If you actually mean sculpting mode then yes it should stay the same. If you mean voxels then no. A merged object in Voxels really just acts like a mold, which is filled with voxels on the inside, then the original mold is thrown away.

• Advanced Member

Andrew, I have a commercial license, but since version 3.1.19 it says I'm running an Academic license. Is this normal (part of the new licensing scheme tests) ?

BTW I think the edu license scheme is awesome, I'll pass the message to my school. Very cool.

Cheers,

Franck.

If you actually mean sculpting mode then yes it should stay the same. If you mean voxels then no. A merged object in Voxels really just acts like a mold, which is filled with voxels on the inside, then the original mold is thrown away.

Hi :) Yes I actually meant sculpting mode.

I'm really pleased that it works, I'll have to try it soon. Thanks a lot for your replies. ;)

Bala

Updated to 3.1.20 (Mac+Win, Linux - soon)

Changes:

- Retopo tool improvement - 2 tools in "Select" mode - (1) possibility to select sharp[ edges, (2) possibility to make bevel on selected edges. But in current implementation bevel will not preserve UV-set.

- "E" Panel improved. All rectangular and other effects cam be limited by depth and act until some limit - see http://bit.ly/5D0pUW

It acts in all tools - paint tools, hide, cell hide, retopology, everywhere. It gives much more control over all rectangular tools - to avoid actions through all volume.

- Extrude-based voxel tools (increase, airbrish, ...) got good extension in rect selection mode - they extrude surface on the depth value

- New button in transform tool - Center in local space

- undo problem in surface tools solved.

- baking improvement - if there are no volumes in surface mode baking will be faster (especially for microverts)

- fixed: png files was not properly accepted as masks.

- Fixed bug in 'E" panel splines - sometimes edges of shape was too rough and was cut by vertical or horizontal lines (in paint mode)

- Rect selection in pose tool recovered.

- Baking bug fixed (voxels->paint) - black points over the model.

- At least all symmetry issues fixed. Symmetry will work correctly in all modes with transformed volumes too.

I hope this build will be good and stable enough. I put many efforts for this. Anyway, it is still development beta version.

• Contributor

It seems you did some pretty nasty bugsquashing here... :)

Im only testing Surface tools so far and the build seems clean and solid.

And I got no bugs so far with E panel new depth control,it works very well. :good:

A little suggestion for the future:possiblitty to draw non-additive extrusions(constant depth).

(like when additive drawing checkbox is disabled in paint mode).

cheers

• Applink Developer

Artman, Have you tried Absolute tool. It does the job quite well. About this update. Wau!. You really nailed this one.

TRansferin to microvertex still takes times but now the results are so good that I don't mind to wait that.

• Contributor

Artman, Have you tried Absolute tool. It does the job quite well. About this update. Wau!. You really nailed this one.

TRansferin to microvertex still takes times but now the results are so good that I don't mind to wait that.

No,Absolute brush strokes are also additive.I want to keep doing extrusions with different splines and have them not overlap.

Exactly like when "additive drawing" checkbox is disabled in paint mode.

In 3.1.20 The baking problem I was having is fixed, it doesn't crash anymore, which is great. But it's not baking any depth when I merge for Per pixel. It's been a while and I'm always confused by that new-ish function "Merge for Per-pixel with Normal map". It is supposed to bake depth with this option isn't it?

2009-12-23_0101.png

• Contributor

Добрый день, Андрей.

Новый режим работы рамки просто замечтальный! Но он не реагирует на галочку (не отключается). Теперь невозможно отрезать часть объекта рамкой.

Can't turn off new border cut mode.

• Reputable Contributor

Updated to 3.1.20 (Mac+Win, Linux - soon)

I hope this build will be good and stable enough. I put many efforts for this. Anyway, it is still development beta version.

Thanks, Andrew...this sure helps. Take a break, have a merry Christmas and enjoy the Holidays. :drinks:

Добрый день, Андрей.

Новый режим работы рамки просто замечтальный! Но он не реагирует на галочку (не отключается). Теперь невозможно отрезать часть объекта рамкой.

Can't turn off new border cut mode.

Strange, it seems to work as expected.

Может он не работает в каком-то особенном режиме Е-панели?

I am trying retopo.

With 'points and faces' I LMB all over the mesh, making blue balls, but after that my RMB will not add any faces.

This is my favorite tool, uh oh.

-B

I fixed it. I went into preferences and reset my default settings. I played with it a little and it works.

Sorry for the confusion :)

Edited by Lawless

I am having a problem with retopology.

I use a pen tablet, and when I try to use 'Points&faces' no preview works, or is flaky. And my RMB will not fire the command, or is flaky about it.

I am using OS X, mac, and snow leopard

Please be so kind and use the support forums for bug posts. Don't be disappointed if your posted bugs will not be found or solved if you post them here.

Thank you.

• Contributor
Polish brush done ages ago :)

Ура! Жду не дождусь попробовать! :)

Полиш довольно прочно прижился в моем воркфлоу, я вот так сейчас делаю:

Быстрый polish в Z-brush (10 minutes), import:

post-1407-12620824137756_thumb.jpg

3D-Coat detailing (split, merge, rectangular limited by depth):

post-1407-12620825417514_thumb.jpg

Retopo,baking,export:

post-1407-12620825967107_thumb.jpg

Вобщем от браша использую только полиш, сгораю от любопытства как он будет работать в коате. Представляете как будет здорово, когда полиш не будет вынесен в отдельную стадию а будет сочетаться с другими великолепными инструментами 3D-Coat.

Import/export takes time, so polish in 3D-Coat would be awesome!

Just for extreme enthusiasts who can't wait - very preliminary 3.21 is already on server. I plan to release it soon, it is just preliminary one (I was sending exe for support purposes, so uploaded build anyway). Links:

With CUDA, 32 bit

With CUDA, 64 bit

Without CUDA, 32 bit

Without CUDA, 64 bit

It is beta x 2, so ONLY for test purposes. Changes are in Twitter, offiucial announce will be later.

And Happy upcoming New Year!

• Reputable Contributor

Just for extreme enthusiasts who can't wait - very preliminary 3.21 is already on server. I plan to release it soon, it is just preliminary one (I was sending exe for support purposes, so uploaded build anyway). Links:

With CUDA, 32 bit

With CUDA, 64 bit

Without CUDA, 32 bit

Without CUDA, 64 bit

It is beta x 2, so ONLY for test purposes. Changes are in Twitter, offiucial announce will be later.

And Happy upcoming New Year!

Thanks Andrew....have a great New Year yourself. :drinks: