3DCoat Forums

Metha`s Workshop

Methelina

• Advanced Member

YAY! Thx for all good words)))))) 

Very nice. One of your best works Linda.

You have my blog support. :good:

Woow! Thx! ))))

Thats one cool game asset you got there!! love all the chipping/damage texture work. :)

Thx a lot mate!

• Advanced Member

One of your best works.

Thx! i think it is my best work )

btw, better render... turnable too

microwave_gun_v02___turnable__by_metheli

post-1412-0-09533700-1399533347_thumb.jp

Edited by Methelina
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Funny the gap between the item and the env you used.

But the lighting is really nice. Is it a pic from a set of probe light stuff?

Good work anyway. Too bad we can't see the weapon owner :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your next 3D work.

• Advanced Member

Funny the gap between the item and the env you used.

But the lighting is really nice. Is it a pic from a set of probe light stuff?

Good work anyway. Too bad we can't see the weapon owner  :D

I'm looking forward to seeing your next 3D work.

Yeah probe light and reflection probe too) PBRT

muVRJLN.png

work in progress)

Edited by Methelina
  • Like 1

• Advanced Member

Look greate in New Vegas.

Yah, thanx, fallout: NV :)

We try to ressurect the old mod about District 9  with my friend from the Weta, he will provide the original exosuit from movie post-1412-0-88603900-1399838630_thumb.jp inside the game with simplyfication for real time engine compatibility :) But we are zero-level coders so we get the huge trouble with that :) We already contacted with original mod creator but he have no freetime for mod etc or he just give the Something on that and just forget about it :)

Edited by Methelina

• Contributor

I have never played that mod. But NV was funny, i had same cool moment there.

I like Fo3 much more, and i am back into the wasteland since a few months.

Anyway, if you need some help, i could help you, too.

I have enough exp in the FO3 GECK and i think the NVGeck isn´t nearly the same engine.

• Like 1

• Advanced Member

Wew! We will be rly Happy, cuz we rly need help with composing and engine work...  We are only artists and can make only HQ content but not a code and etc)

BTW: Progress of the new Flack-Cannon

FireFox Turnable

flack_cannon_by_methelina-d7i0mbj.png

• Advanced Member

oh my... :blink:

can i ask your weapon workflow -step by step- ?

i saw your sign link

ty

Wew! Thank you!

Ok, i can  try)

• Deep analyze of the future model. How many layers and objects\sub-objects will be. Its avry important part because of Baking issues and Edit-appeal
  • Made a reference images for the Scetch tool. 

oUBjamGs.png

• Extrude the basic objects via Scetch tool :)
  • Scultp some cool objects by hand via basic tools like build, cut-off, merge, pose. Im voxel-addict so i don't use the surface mode for dis model) 

The Hull was a RLY pain of challenge :) All bevels are hand-made - i used "cut-off tool" or the "Carve in subtract mode" in orthographic camera with land-lasso selection to carve all this bevels from the hard edges, it was hard i can say to make'em looks like it was modeled via polygons )

wBTbXGls.png

• re-Analyze what we have. Nice! So i try to have all sub-objects in box\sphere boundary for Easy per-object baking. this method save you from the Overlapping, missed ray casts, black holes, cross bleeding, none-manifold errors of baking (i have a none-manifold thing here btw ). When all parts are simple and separated the Baking will be much more controllable and comfortable). All micro\hifreq details for the each object i put in their sub-object for save the over all performance and edit-transparent if something goez wrong :)
  • Retopo stage. I always use the Name-correspondence method. Awe Andrey  for this! This model will be seen in game in FPS mode so in this issue i use the oldschool method of UV, planar planar and over again and LSCM  for sure. I make seams over the hard edges to separate the smooth groups from each other for proper baking of the edged normals. 'Cause this is Hard-surface model 

PWyDoYks.png 

As the object will be seen in close up and in FOV camera i did a bevels on retopo mesh on the "most viewed" parts to Smooth the Light term in future. When the model will be rendered in the engine with normals and so on)

68wh4HIs.jpg svot6xYs.jpg

• Bake! 

Correspondence Mode ON, apply symmetry. I use the Maya method of Outer surface with Spheres to local control of the ray cast 10 to 10 as usual and in this model i used about 12 spheres for bake the deep parts about 30 length for inner surface and 10 for outer. The result was cool after 5 none-acceptable results :)

• Than i handpaint the masks for each material in the Paint mode for Quixel dDO

BztTExqs.png l94GPsFl.png?1 - funny video about this process 

• Than the dDO stage in PhotoShop :)
  • Imported New textures in 3dc and tweak, adjust, FIX some places with artifacts etc. Add some missed parts and ideas. 
  • Maya import, adjust some smooth groupes and add canisters that i hold in the atlas library for self needs) 

I think this is all LOL

Edited by Methelina
  • Like 3

• Advanced Member

Hi, was curious whats the LSCM? It just means that the uv's are marked with seams? So they are unwrapped separately.

So basically you used mircovertex because you want to see the results before retopo incase of changes, instead of jumping right to per-pixel.

I will get into baking eventually, but prefer perpixel if I know the results will be good and can be easily changed with no baking..

Edited by FreezeFrame

• Advanced Member

Hi, was curious whats the LSCM? It just means that the uv's are marked with seams? So they are unwrapped separately.

So basically you used mircovertex because you want to see the results before retopo incase of changes, instead of jumping right to per-pixel.

I will get into baking eventually, but prefer perpixel if I know the results will be good and can be easily changed with no baking..

Hmm, no i don't use microvertex ) perpixel bake only ) Where i told that  i used microvertex? )

LSCM is an algo of UV where all islnads unwrapped without distortion. 

• Contributor

Thanks for sharing your workflow.

Little question.

Did you archive clean colors on the output for the material masks?

Sometimes i dont get a clear red like 255,0,0. mostly it is something around that like 249,0,14 or something similar.

I see that if i pick the color in PS or Substance Designer.

Edited by Malo

• Advanced Member

YW, Malo ;)

Mmm, may be, i use random contrast colors and than reassign it in dDO as the materials, i don't use the dDO palette. Looks like SD need the strict color map without any chance to bind any color to any material?  

• Contributor

Strict color map, not realy.

I could use any color for any material. But the color should be as clean as possible.

If i use the fill tool in 3dc, i have no problems, only when i try to paint it with the hard pencil, like you in the video, i get those little missmatches on the color.

And mostly the missmatch is to big, that if i try to adjust the color automaticly, it affectet other colors too.

Edited by Malo