3DCoat Forums

about to buy 3DCoat..have a few questions

3d_sculptress

• Contributor

wasn't sure where to post this, but I want to take advantage of the $50 discount that's being offered ..(thanks, Andrew!) ,so I'm going to purchase 3DCoat in the next few days...just wondering if I need to uninstall my trial version before installing paid version....and could someone leave me a link for the newest stable version ? I'm presuming it will have the new muscle and toothpaste tools ?..hope so..well thanks for any feedback on this.

also wondering, I received this email when I downloaded the trial version,,but since I received it on 9/1/09, am wondering if the special link will be for the newest stable version ( with the new muscle and toothpaste tools included) ?...

//////////////

email from 3DCoat ;

We are happy to offer you a $50 discount to purchase 3D-Coat Full

Professional version throughout the 30-day trial period at the special

rate of 235$.

Here's your special personal link to make this purchase till 01 October 2009:

• Advanced Member
wasn't sure where to post this, but I want to take advantage of the $50 discount that's being offered ..(thanks, Andrew!) ,so I'm going to purchase 3DCoat in the next few days...just wondering if I need to uninstall my trial version before installing paid version....and could someone leave me a link for the newest stable version ? I'm presuming it will have the new muscle and toothpaste tools ?..hope so..well thanks for any feedback on this.

also wondering, I received this email when I downloaded the trial version,,but since I received it on 9/1/09, am wondering if the special link will be for the newest stable version ( with the new muscle and toothpaste tools included) ?...

//////////////

email from 3DCoat ;

rate of 235$.

You shouldn't need to uninstall, just input your serial number once you receive it and you will be registered with the full version. All the latest versions are grabbed from the forum thread where andrew posts his updates. I just let them install right into my registered 3dcoat directory and everything is fine.

Latest 3dc updates

That thread will probably get replaced once the official version number changes, like from 3.1 to 3.2 or 3.5 etc. But all the 3.1 related releases will be found there in the first post.

• Contributor

//////////////

email from 3DCoat ;

rate of 235$.

The latest version, 3.1.6, is stable. Andrew doesn't regard these as 'beta' (take a chance) but as real updates. I don't use anything but and have had no stability issues. As to the emailed link, I don't have this info. The "newest stable version" is in the forum marked as "updates and betas", although, no betas are on offer (probably until version 4).

• Contributor
Hi

I've bought it this week-end, you have just to click on the link in your mail and the discount should be applied. After receiving your serial, juste paste it in the trial version.

If you have to reinstall your pc or change, don't forget to uninstall your licence (help menu / uninstall licence).

hope this help

thanks James n Tony, Crystal,.......I'm headed over to my 'special link' right now...the only other thing I was wondering about was that when I downloaded the trial, it installed 2 versions, a 'DX' version and 'OpenGL' version, but I'm assuming that I'll be able to just paste the serial # into both versions,,and all will be well ?

• Advanced Member
thanks James n Tony, Crystal,.......I'm headed over to my 'special link' right now...the only other thing I was wondering about was that when I downloaded the trial, it installed 2 versions, a 'DX' version and 'OpenGL' version, but I'm assuming that I'll be able to just paste the serial # into both versions,,and all will be well ?

Yeah it works for both so whichever you use first, gets registered. The other will just work automatically whenever you open it.

Enjoy your purchase!