3DCoat Forums

Polygon modeler tab?

nervouschimp

• Contributor

The matter of being all things to all people has been addressed and I think the consensus was that, with the plethora of free polygon modelers in this world, it would be like carrying coals to Newcastle or as you so aptly put it, "bloatware". ;)

• Advanced Member

The matter of being all things to all people has been addressed and I think the consensus was that, with the plethora of free polygon modelers in this world, it would be like carrying coals to Newcastle or as you so aptly put it, "bloatware". ;)

Actually I'm in favor of it and asked it as a feature request. Since retopo is quite similar to modelling I'm definitely upgrading to 3dc 4 if there's a poly room. Its more relevant to what people are asking for like animation, physics simulator,bones, etc. That would be bloatware.

Polymodelling has everything to do with asset creation and I'm going to dump my other app if I can do it in 3dc. And everything turns to polys anyway and this is why zbrush(disregarding how good it is for sculpting) is well integrated in the pipeline especially with their goz feature, its just easy to work with the end product. Most people work in their main app and work with polys is necessary with some exceptions like people who only sculpt and voxels are fine. But workflow with voxels is one way street.

• Advanced Member

no need for an extra poly room...only a few improvements in retopo room will do the job...for example a knife tool and handlers for moving, rotating and scaling combined with refined selection methods...

only my 2 cents

Rene

• Advanced Member

no need for an extra poly room...only a few improvements in retopo room will do the job...for example a knife tool and handlers for moving, rotating and scaling combined with refined selection methods...

only my 2 cents

Rene

Putting it in retopo would would be crowded. But yeah just a few more since its so close. The most used cmd would be on action centers and falloff.

stretch, bend, twist, magnet. dragnet, pole, shell, normal move. Bridge,extrude,offset, bevel/fillet, lathe. With numeric inputs.