3DCoat Forums

Edge and face select?

ShnitzelKiller

• Advanced Member

I've already wrote this in 3D-Coat hotkeys master two months ago. Download and open that PDF file, go to 5th page, in the right bottom of the Mac keyboard Map(See the attached picture).

There is no insert key on Mac keyboard, you need to redefine hotkeys for 4 commands.

Also, if you are using Macbook/pro, there is no end key, but you could use "Fn + Right arrow" instead to redefine hotkeys. Again, those Tips were already worte in 3D-Coat hotkeys master

post-445-12558453847955_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Or switch to windows pc. :)

just kidding mac people

I have one. It is so laughably unbelievably unstable and crashes at the simplest tasks, despite being brand new, that I decided against buying it for that computer.\

How do I define hotkeys though? I know the END command, but it only works if you're hovering over a button, and there is no button for INSERT or anything associated with that key.

• Advanced Member

...How do I define hotkeys though? I know the END command, but it only works if you're hovering over a button, and there is no button for INSERT or anything associated with that key.

Really? Then what is it in the picture below?

post-445-12559129741686_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Hi dear ShnitzelKiller,

We have already told you the solution, is it so hard for you to understand?

OK, let me repeat it once again:

1. As shown in the first picture, switch to "Edges" mode then hover to "Split" button, use End key to redefine the hotKey for example "N".

2. As shown in the second picture, switch to "Faces" mode then hover to "Subdivide" button, use End key to redefine the hotkey for example "Y".

The above are all what "Insert" key were used in Retopo mode, and now you have already redefined all of them. So what were you still looking for after we gave the right solution for 7 days?

post-445-12565325300173_thumb.jpg

post-445-12565325441462_thumb.jpg