3DCoat Forums

BRUSH GOING CRAZY

Hi...Ive developed a real problem...when I try to use any of the the sculpt tools the brush radius is going crazy..Yesterday , no problem it started out of the blue today. The size is just changing at random from tiny to huge and everything between.I've done all the obvious reeboots etc. This is happening on the Wacom and with the mouse. I've got an ATI FireGL V7600 graphics card, and have had no problems anywhere else ie Maya or Zbrush. this problem is making it completely impossible to use 3d Coat at all, I only just installed the trial to start getting familiar before buying. I also noticed that a cuople of the menus are flickering and become totally unstable and unusable as soon as I mouse over. Any help here would be much appreciated.

• Contributor

Hi...Ive developed a real problem...when I try to use any of the the sculpt tools the brush radius is going crazy..Yesterday , no problem it started out of the blue today. The size is just changing at random from tiny to huge and everything between.I've done all the obvious reeboots etc. This is happening on the Wacom and with the mouse. I've got an ATI FireGL V7600 graphics card, and have had no problems anywhere else ie Maya or Zbrush. this problem is making it completely impossible to use 3d Coat at all, I only just installed the trial to start getting familiar before buying. I also noticed that a cuople of the menus are flickering and become totally unstable and unusable as soon as I mouse over. Any help here would be much appreciated.

The cursor size is usually controlled by the pen pressure. To disable this behaviour, go to the top bar and toggle this off with the pen/mouse icon. You can adjust it with the rear of the pen button (don't touch the screen) and this will change the brush size (and even do it accidently).

The cursor size is usually controlled by the pen pressure. To disable this behaviour, go to the top bar and toggle this off with the pen/mouse icon. You can adjust it with the rear of the pen button (don't touch the screen) and this will change the brush size (and even do it accidently).

Hi

Thanks for the reply...the problem was really weird, it was with the pen AND with the mouse. Also the brush was changing size when the pen was nowhere near the tablet ......after two hours of this , it just suddenly stopped and went back to normal. This is however, a bit worrying as I don't know if or when it may happen again.

• Contributor

Hi

Thanks for the reply...the problem was really weird, it was with the pen AND with the mouse. Also the brush was changing size when the pen was nowhere near the tablet ......after two hours of this , it just suddenly stopped and went back to normal. This is however, a bit worrying as I don't know if or when it may happen again.

If you are using Vista, perhaps the os finally figured out what was wrong and corrected it. When I booted up this morning, there was a little windoe telling me there was no tablet. I have a trackball and was able to uninstall the Wacom drivers. When I rebooted, all worked normally. Go figure. It must be Vista. :huh:

If you are using Vista, perhaps the os finally figured out what was wrong and corrected it. When I booted up this morning, there was a little windoe telling me there was no tablet. I have a trackball and was able to uninstall the Wacom drivers. When I rebooted, all worked normally. Go figure. It must be Vista. :huh:

I wouldn't touch vista with a barge pole....heard no good stories about it as yet, I'm using XP 64bit and so far that's been stable. I'm using Zbrush,Maya, Vue Xstream, and all the Adobe stuff. Friends of mine have tried Vista and have all gone back to XP...maybe this Windows 7 will prove to be more reliable lol.

I wouldn't touch vista with a barge pole....heard no good stories about it as yet, I'm using XP 64bit and so far that's been stable. I'm using Zbrush,Maya, Vue Xstream, and all the Adobe stuff. Friends of mine have tried Vista and have all gone back to XP...maybe this Windows 7 will prove to be more reliable lol.

It's a shame to hear that, you've been missing out. I've been using it since Sept 2007 with no problems at all.

Radius is controlled my mouse wheel too.

What mouse do you use?

Ages ago there was some problems with Logitech mouse (but other sort of problems).

After uninstalling Logitech drivers all was OK.

Hi Andrew thanks for the reply. This was happening when I wasn't touching the mouse...nor was the pen anywhere near to the tablet. The brush size was changing all on it's own, VERY fast from the largest to the smallest size. I went off and just left it alone and after about 2 hours it just went back to normal...I had no problem with it since then. I will let you know if it happens again.

• Contributor

Hi Andrew thanks for the reply. This was happening when I wasn't touching the mouse...nor was the pen anywhere near to the tablet. The brush size was changing all on it's own, VERY fast from the largest to the smallest size. I went off and just left it alone and after about 2 hours it just went back to normal...I had no problem with it since then. I will let you know if it happens again.

Perhaps a complete scan will reveal something.

• Advanced Member

Perhaps a complete scan will reveal something.

You don't have a space-mouse, or any other 3d type input devices? (Space Pilot, etc)

I noticed no one talked about that possibility... as they need to have center "calibrated" or they can and will drift. And there's a button you can press in 3DC that allows you to resize by the space mouse.

I am guessing this is not your problem, but since no one mentioned it, I thought it was worth at least mentioning.