3DCoat Forums

Paint with single objects?

The Candy-floss Kid

• Advanced Member

Yes. Why not watch the video tutorial and the PDF manual first? :)

Video tutorial: http://www.3d-coat.com/voxel_tutorial.html

PDF Manual: Run 3D-Coat, "Help" - "3D-Coat Manual"

Ah the familiar slap of sarcasm.

I shall endeavor to do my best - that's all we can ask.

• Contributor

]

"Ah the familiar slap of sarcasm.?"

So dissapointing that with all the work done by the team, and general owners of 3DC, to prepare and produce all the tutorial stuff to help that, those who can not do the normal everyday normal basics, denegrate those who take time out to direct them.

No ones being paid to help you mate.

Brian

• Advanced Member

Ah the familiar slap of sarcasm.

For the newbie there's a lot to take in with 3d coat.

To answer my own question I found by using the merge tool by either first selecting a .obj mesh of my choice from the drop down list (or importing a mesh) - switching the tools application to " on pen" gave me the result I was looking for.

Result = 1 happy bunny with a bruised cheek.

]

"Ah the familiar slap of sarcasm.?"

So dissapointing that with all the work done by the team, and general owners of 3DC, to prepare and produce all the tutorial stuff to help that, those who can not do the normal everyday normal basics, denegrate those who take time out to direct them.

No ones being paid to help you mate.

Brian

Denigrating anyone? I don't believe so , merely pointing out a statement of fact.

As for your fantastic leaps of imagination that I intend to insult anyone well...

I do agree I could have been more cordial and grateful in the way I handled being "sarcasticated" upon.

Sometimes we all ask dumb questions. Let us hug and make up? :-)

• Advanced Member

That's not sarcasm, The Candy-floss Kid, it's suggestion. Javis Jones's video is really a good&fast way to get into voxel, and they are free.

If you took minutes watch them, you will find that what you are looking for is in one of those video, plus you will learn many other things.

The PDF manual is also very good. Maybe you will have some interest have a look at "negative volumes" in page 57-58.

• Advanced Member

In light of my new found popularity dare I ask another question?

How can I better place the mesh objects to follow the normals better of the underlying voxel object.

At the moment I am having to tweak their position in respect to the objects planar position in the view port.

• Advanced Member

That's not sarcasm, The Candy-floss Kid, it's suggestion. Javis Jones's video is really a good&fast way to get into voxel, and they are free.

If you took minutes watch them, you will find that what you are looking for is in one of those video, plus you will learn many other things.

The PDF manual is also very good. Maybe you will have some interest have a look at "negative volumes" in page 57-58.

Thank you lc8b105 for all your help. It is appreciated. I am an excitable soul in a hurry.

• Advanced Member

In light of my new found popularity dare I ask another question?

How can I better place the mesh objects to follow the normals better of the underlying voxel object.

At the moment I am having to tweak their position in respect to the objects planar position in the view port.

Excuse, don't quite understand your question. Could you explain more or show some screenshots?

• Advanced Member

Excuse, don't quite understand your question. Could you explain more or show some screenshots?

Thanks lc8b105 for your reply.

If I move my cursor over the voxels to place the new mesh objects they sometimes do not appear to adhere to the normals of the voxel object beneath them and I have to tilt the object in the viewport to better place the mesh object in relation to the normals.

This is the case more so when you reach the top of an object just as the normals are bending away from your view towards back facing.

It's not a major issue I had just wondered whether there was a way to improve it's performance.