3DCoat Forums

Twitter discussion: What Andrew is currently doing.

• Advanced Member
On 3/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, digman said:

http://igl.ethz.ch/projects/instant-meshes/

It will be interesting to see how this works inside of 3DC. Hopefully the 3DC version will create all quads and no ngons.

Aha...this is the exact same solution that Modo used for it's autoretopo. Works very well; I've tried it as a stand alone, and within Modo on the same model and got exactly the same results, polygon for polygon. And I never found one ngon...just pure quads.

But having said that, I still am strongly of the opinion that Zbrush has the best autoretopo in the business by far, though kudos to Andrew for being the first, the guy that started the autoretopo movement, and he did it with impressive panache too. But Pixologic just had more money and could hire the big guns.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Advanced Member
On 5/8/2018 at 9:45 PM, AbnRanger said:

"Started to work over sculpt layers! Already works to some degree. Experimenting with keeping layers even after topology changes (say, LC)."

https://twitter.com/AndrewShpagin

YEEEESSSSS!!!! :unknw::drinks:

Wondering if we could have some news/screenshots/beta release... :D

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • Carlosan unpinned this topic
  • 2 years later...

spamming a bit with that request ;)

wondering if it was possible to add the depth jitter working when you sculpt (for instance when using the 2dpaint) so we get different depth variation with each brush strokes.

thanks for all the recent updates and taking in consideration all the users comments!

Thank you for sharing, good to know Andrew is fine despite all this situation.

Andrew I admire your work, as well as your principles and values. I don't use 3D tools on a daily basis, I'm an amateur, but for me it is clear how much work it takes, and software coding is like an art in itself. Over the years I learned that when choosing what tool to use, it is usually a good thing to consider not just the technical side, but also who is the company/person behind it. I admire the work you did with 3DCoat, it is amazing, thank you for everything.

During these difficult times, if you or your community setup some kind of donations channel please let us know, I'm sure some of us would be willing to help!