3D Coat Forums
Taros

Twitter discussion: What Andrew is currently doing.

We have very good offer for students that studying 3D-Coat in college/university, if interested, please write to support@3dcoat.com

I was trying to get Andrew to incorporate this into the CURVES tool, in some capacity...at least as an option, as the old legacy nodes is to cumbersome to work with. If you need to put a few close together, it really obstructs your view. Wish we had an alternative to use splines from the E-Panel, instead. I also asked him about using Curves as an optional DEFORM tool in the POSE tool. Could make it possible to model more intricate shapes, like those you find on automobiles. Might even be a good basis for a basic pose rig.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This would be a helpful feature and could work similar to how you hide and unhide all but the current voxtree layer you are working on.

Edited by digman
  • Like 1

On 3/29/2018 at 11:36 AM, digman said:

http://igl.ethz.ch/projects/instant-meshes/

It will be interesting to see how this works inside of 3DC. Hopefully the 3DC version will create all quads and no ngons.

Aha...this is the exact same solution that Modo used for it's autoretopo. Works very well; I've tried it as a stand alone, and within Modo on the same model and got exactly the same results, polygon for polygon. And I never found one ngon...just pure quads.

But having said that, I still am strongly of the opinion that Zbrush has the best autoretopo in the business by far, though kudos to Andrew for being the first, the guy that started the autoretopo movement, and he did it with impressive panache too. But Pixologic just had more money and could hire the big guns.

Edited by L'Ancien Regime
  • Like 1

This is excellent news. :)

8 hours ago, thinkinmonkey said:

Wondering if we could have some news/screenshots/beta release... :D

I think he said he is gonna try and have a preliminary build out in a weeks, maybe sooner.

• Like 1

Good news! Surface booleans speeded up many times, very stable. Some self-intersection is no problem anymore.

• Like 1