3DCoat Forums

Load small obj file and it goes inot infinite loop

BUILD: v3.10.17, 64bit CUDA

HARDWARE & DRIVER: 2 x Nvidia GT9800 GT

BUG DESCRIPTION: When I loaded simple and small 3d model in obj format under paint mode and it go into infinite loop. I cannot use mouse, key but hard disk drive busy writing and reading by noting HDD LED flicking continuously for two hours. I decided to hard reboot computer. I tried it again under vowel mode and it works ! I tried it again under paint mode, it crashes again and now I am too scared to use it again. I purchased license in few days ago.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: I tried to upload model to see if you can emulate this problem but I could not. I will try do that on other computer using windows XP.

Dillip

• Contributor

BUILD: v3.10.17, 64bit CUDA

HARDWARE & DRIVER: 2 x Nvidia GT9800 GT

BUG DESCRIPTION: When I loaded simple and small 3d model in obj format under paint mode and it go into infinite loop. I cannot use mouse, key but hard disk drive busy writing and reading by noting HDD LED flicking continuously for two hours. I decided to hard reboot computer. I tried it again under vowel mode and it works ! I tried it again under paint mode, it crashes again and now I am too scared to use it again. I purchased license in few days ago.

STEPS TO REPRODUCE: I tried to upload model to see if you can emulate this problem but I could not. I will try do that on other computer using windows XP.

Dillip

If you would still like to proceed, I think you have hit upon a work around. Load it into Voxels and save as a 3b file, quadrangulate for per pixel Paint and it will open in the Paint room. Then when you are finished painting, export as obj.

Thanks for your alternative solution. I tried this but when I save it into 3B file format and exited the program. I ran 3d-coat again and loaded 3b file and nothing display on the screen ! I am not sure why.. My first thought was 3d-coat program works fine if I created object file using it but it may not work well with object files created by different applications such as Carrara 3d, Hexagon and Silo.

Dillip

• Contributor

Thanks for your alternative solution. I tried this but when I save it into 3B file format and exited the program. I ran 3d-coat again and loaded 3b file and nothing display on the screen ! I am not sure why.. My first thought was 3d-coat program works fine if I created object file using it but it may not work well with object files created by different applications such as Carrara 3d, Hexagon and Silo.

Dillip

Send the 3b file/obj to Andrew at support@3d-coat.com