3DCoat Forums

Help! 3DCoat So Slooow

• Advanced Member

Hi, I am trying to finish a project and I am running into problems. I am using 3DCoat. 3.1.15 (mac) I imported a simple cube shape and unwrapped it last week. No problems. 3DCoat was fast. This week I opened the same file and 3DCoat is so slooooow and sluggish. I imported another model to see if it was just that file and same problem 3DCoat is so slow. I am marking the seams in the UV window on this simple .obj model and it takes 30 seconds before I can rotate the model to mark another seam. I have no idea what's wrong. My mac has 12 GB of ram and an 8800 GT card. i have not had this problem before. Any ideas what is causing 3DCoat to be so slooow?

Thanks

Hi, I am trying to finish a project and I am running into problems. I am using 3DCoat. 3.1.15 (mac) I imported a simple cube shape and unwrapped it last week. No problems. 3DCoat was fast. This week I opened the same file and 3DCoat is so slooooow and sluggish. I imported another model to see if it was just that file and same problem 3DCoat is so slow. I am marking the seams in the UV window on this simple .obj model and it takes 30 seconds before I can rotate the model to mark another seam. I have no idea what's wrong. My mac has 12 GB of ram and an 8800 GT card. i have not had this problem before. Any ideas what is causing 3DCoat to be so slooow?

Thanks

Reinstall 3d-coat, but keep important files from UserData if you have them there!

But first try deleting file Options.xml, it may help, if it will not help, install 3dc again.

If it will not help, delete or backup 3dc folder and install it again.

• Advanced Member

Hi, I removed the .xml file but then when the problem still existed after removing the file I found something really interesting that you may or may not know about. The area with which you can place your cursor to rotate seems to be very small (too small). Most apps allow you to place your cursor anywhere in the window to rotate around the model, but on the mac version 3.1.15 you "MUST" have your mouse cursor in a very small and specific area (the red area) to allow you to rotate. I thought this was a memory problem, but in fact I think it is this problem instead. I've yet to try this in the latest version but I thought you should know this anyways. Please see my accompanying image for a better explanation.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-920-12597720019513_thumb.jpg

post-920-12597720019513_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

The reason is: you have closed the unwrap preview window... but it is still there. I've already posted this bug some versions ago, but it was not fixed...

Thanks Taros, but this seems to be more than the problem of closing the unwrap preview window because I have not previewed the UV map and I have not even entered the UV layout area. If I simply open 3DCoat and import a model the area is still dead and if you place your cursor in the red area it does not allow you to rotate around. Using Version 3.1.17 Mac.

http://www.3d-coat.com/forum/uploads/monthly_12_2009/post-920-12597732123915_thumb.jpg

post-920-12597732123915_thumb.jpg

• Advanced Member

Believe me, the window is there... :) You can test it, if you click on Windows->Popups->UV Preview. Then the window should appear... :)

Thanks Taros. : ) Andrew, any possibility to fix this! Rotating around objects is a real pain when you can't use your mouse in part of the window.