3DCoat Forums

colors in the UV privew window

joshy

• Contributor

hi

can anyone help me, what the gradiants in the UV actually mean.

there is a white to red one and also a blue gradients going on .

is it the level of relaxation or the difference in axix of the UV to object?

thanks

It is distortion relative to the shape and size of the polygons.

I dont remember but I think blue and red are bad, grey is good.

• Advanced Member

does it have anything to do with the angle of polygons in respect to the UV.....

if white/qsh is better if we need more details in particular area incresing

the polygon area is the better way rather than increasing the whole textures

so

Yep, increase the polygon area where necessary. It's interesting in that if we're making something like a human head then we tend to put the seam down the back of the head, yet it's the seam area that the UV unwrapper tends to stretch out and therefore hogs all the texture space. But I suppose with a bald head we'd want red polygons at the face area and blue polygons around the back of the head.

So blue or red doesn't really equate to bad, it just means the UV polygon is smaller or bigger than the intended model polygon. Whether red or blue is considered bad should depend on what details you plan on having in either of those areas.

Well that's how I see it. I'm no expert though!! :pardon:

Yep, increase the polygon area where necessary. It's interesting in that if we're making something like a human head then we tend to put the seam down the back of the head, yet it's the seam area that the UV unwrapper tends to stretch out and therefore hogs all the texture space. But I suppose with a bald head we'd want red polygons at the face area and blue polygons around the back of the head.

So blue or red doesn't really equate to bad, it just means the UV polygon is smaller or bigger than the intended model polygon. Whether red or blue is considered bad should depend on what details you plan on having in either of those areas.

Well that's how I see it. I'm no expert though!! :pardon:

well thanks for all it was a great information for me...its better to know whats happening